Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

4wd Roof Top Tents

• 36 Replies

Online presidio

• Soaptree Yucca
  • Mountain Lion
Re: 4wd Roof Top Tents
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009, 08:09:22 PM »
I have one that I'm wanting to sale.

Well, now that that's clear, perhaps you'll find someone here who's interested. Otherwise, there's always eBay and Craigslist.
Ed Tom Bell (Tommy Lee Jones): If it ain't, it'll do till the mess gets here.
--No Country for Old Men (2007)

Offline campgal

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 08:36:30 PM »
Thank you I did try Craigslist. Not much luck with that. As for eBay I just don't know anything about it and I'm not that good with computers. Any other good ideas? I can use all the help I can get.

Online presidio

• Soaptree Yucca
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009, 10:42:10 PM »
Thank you I did try Craigslist. Not much luck with that. As for eBay I just don't know anything about it and I'm not that good with computers. Any other good ideas? I can use all the help I can get.

Sorry, that pretty much exhausts my expertise in selling campers. The only other things I could suggest are to run a newspaper ad or see if a camper dealer will let you post an ad in their store (probably won't since you'll be competing with their business). The other options are to try and do the same with outdoor/camping oriented businesses in your area, sort of a consignment sales thing.

I sold a full size travel trailer a couple of years ago by posting flyers at my worksite. You are dealing with a commodity where you will have to seek out the buyers rather than them coming to you.
Ed Tom Bell (Tommy Lee Jones): If it ain't, it'll do till the mess gets here.
--No Country for Old Men (2007)

Offline homerboy2u

• The Chipewa Cris tribe,Canada:
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 12:52:47 AM »

You never posted how much do you want for your camper,and why so expensive?.
Stay thirsty, my friends.

Offline troubledog

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2013, 09:53:29 AM »
this is an old post but I had not seen it before.  I finally installed my RTT this past year.  We've used in many times and it does make life easy, especially for my wife, who likes the comfort of the full size mattress and the 'security' of being off the ground.  The downside is you re tied to your vehicle and in really high winds, it can make a lot of racket late at night when you're trying to sleep.  Still, we like it and its a permanent part of our 4x4 traveling experience.

Campsite, Guale-2, Big Bend Ranch state park by troubledog, on Flickr

Offline jim2

• jim2
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2013, 05:58:07 PM »
some great shots of the state park! thanks for sharing.

Offline Buck

• Black Bear
  • Jose' is Lonely
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2013, 10:59:45 AM »
As an alternative, it makes for a VERY interesting night if you sleep on the ground and purchase one of these 'decorative curtains' to hang nearby...

"Hey, how 'bout a Fandango..?"

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!