Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

BBRSP, east side entry point

• 3 Replies

Offline dstraps

• Kangaroo Rat
BBRSP, east side entry point
« on: May 09, 2018, 11:12:00 AM »
I have been searching the net as well as BBC trying to find out if an east entrance into Big Bend Ranch was ever opened. I have seen some posts from years ago discussing the possibility of one being open near Terlingua, but have not seen anything recent. My wife snd I are going again this year and trying to find a faster way to get to the Solitario so we can take the road to nowhere. It would save a lot of time and afford us more time to offroad in the area if we didnt have to go to the West entrance as we are staying in Terlingua. Any help or advise anyone has would be very appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Big Bend Chat mobile app

Offline Jalco

• Mountain Lion
Re: BBRSP, east side entry point
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 12:04:59 PM »
No east entrance.

Offline BlindWilly

• Overlander
  • Diamondback
  • Exploring the world, from Texas.
    • TXpedition Offroad & Overland
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 03:48:27 PM »
Unfortunately, there isn't an east side entrance.
Just Casa Piedra Road close to Presideo and Marfa on the North End, or Bofecillos Road, which is closer by a bit to Terlingua.
If you have time, just plan on an all day trip to Nowhere.

Honestly I kind of like that there isn't an east side entrance now. It keeps the traffic down a bit and makes it easier for the rangers to manage, I bet.
"No matter where you go, there you are"
-Buckaroo Bonzai

www.txpedition.com

Offline dstraps

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 06:55:32 PM »
I have to agree about limited access. It would be nice to be able to spend more time exploring instead of just getting there, but then it would become over crowded like the National park. We will just be up very early and headed out to make sure we have a full day of exploring and may even decide to camp in the park over night to get a headstart on the following day. I appreciate the input, can't wait for the next two weeks to be over so I can get back to the Bend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Big Bend Chat mobile app

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!