Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

pictures of your vehicle in big bend

• 220 Replies

Offline TexasTLC

• Jack Rabbit
Re: pictures of your vehicle in big bend
« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2015, 08:53:40 PM »
Everybody's pics are great!  I'll contribute - my rig is the obnoxiously red one.   :icon_lol:

I tried to include a variety of pics from different parts of the Big Bend Area: BBNP, BBRSP, Christmas Mountain and the country roads north of Terlingua.  Hopefully I'll be adding BGWMA after my trip next week :).

Offline iCe

• Random Pixel Generator
  • Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
    • Wild Light Imaging Studio
« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2015, 09:12:50 PM »
Everybody's pics are great!  I'll contribute - my rig is the obnoxiously red one.   :icon_lol:

I tried to include a variety of pics from different parts of the Big Bend Area: BBNP, BBRSP, Christmas Mountain and the country roads north of Terlingua.  Hopefully I'll be adding BGWMA after my trip next week :) .

I think I saw the Red FJ going east on the River Road as I was going west in my LC. We passed in a draw on the River Road, later in the afternoon, not too far from Ross Maxwell if I remember right. It was late July this year, around the 22nd.

I'll put pic of my LC in it's own post so I don't clog up yours

Offline iCe

• Random Pixel Generator
  • Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2015, 09:18:02 PM »
LC in BiBe back in July. I believe this was at the Pine Canyon trailhead

Offline TexasTLC

• Jack Rabbit
« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2015, 10:54:34 PM »
I think I saw the Red FJ going east on the River Road as I was going west in my LC. We passed in a draw on the River Road, later in the afternoon, not too far from Ross Maxwell if I remember right. It was late July this year, around the 22nd.

Very nice LC!   I can't claim the red FJ that was there in July though ;).  So far, all of my trips have been in either November or December/January.  If you see another red FJ, look for battle scars (and a lot of stickers) - that'll probably be mine. LOL

Offline iCe

• Random Pixel Generator
  • Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2015, 05:50:42 AM »

Very nice LC!   I can't claim the red FJ that was there in July though ;) .  So far, all of my trips have been in either November or December/January.  If you see another red FJ, look for battle scars (and a lot of stickers) - that'll probably be mine. LOL

Thank you. I have had it almost two years. It's been a great ride. There's nothing in BiBe that's going to cause me any issues when I'm in it. I got my Black Gap pin striping when I was there in July :)

Nope... the FJ that I saw looked almost new. No battle scars

Offline BlindWilly

• Overlander
  • Diamondback
  • Exploring the world, from Texas.
    • TXpedition Offroad & Overland
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2015, 10:44:46 AM »

I tried to include a variety of pics from different parts of the Big Bend Area: BBNP, BBRSP, Christmas Mountain and the country roads north of Terlingua.  Hopefully I'll be adding BGWMA after my trip next week :).
The top left photo is on Black Gap road. Unless you did Old Ore road the day Suraj and I left, we didn't go on that road.
Come to think of it, that is Suraj and I at the end of the group there :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
-Buckaroo Bonzai

www.txpedition.com

Offline BlindWilly

• Overlander
  • Diamondback
  • Exploring the world, from Texas.
    • TXpedition Offroad & Overland
« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2015, 10:45:34 AM »
LC in BiBe back in July. I believe this was at the Pine Canyon trailhead

That's one sexy LC you have there :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
-Buckaroo Bonzai

www.txpedition.com

Offline Alamo Jake

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #172 on: January 29, 2016, 10:16:20 AM »
Good morning folks, I managed to snap a couple pics of my truck during my recent trip to Big Bend on 01/15 thru 01/18.  Starting on River Road East where it begins near Rio Grande Village, we traveled east and made our way to the Mariscal Mine.  On the way, we took a break and parked in this large creekbed before eventually making it to the mine.
- Jake
Twitter & Instagram: @Alamo_Jake

Offline Alamo Jake

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2016, 10:21:10 AM »
After some sightseeing at the Mariscal Mine, we continued on.  I believe this next pic was somewhere near the Dominguez Trailhead. 
- Jake

Offline Alamo Jake

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2016, 10:25:59 AM »
One of my favorite spots was a cemetery we found with 3-4 graves.  One of which was marked with a  cement cross.  A section of the road allowed us to pull aside and park while walked around taking pics of the graves and enjoying the scenery.
- Jake

Offline Ranger Tim

• Diamondback
  • Vulpes vulpes
« Reply #175 on: February 02, 2016, 09:37:05 AM »
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 04:45:36 PM by RichardM »
"The greatest happiness possible to man ... is to become civilized, to know the pageant of the past, to love the beautiful,... and then, retaining animal instincts and appetites, to live in the wilderness"
- J. Frank Dobie

Offline Andreas

• Diamondback
  • A gun gives you the body not the bird. HD Thoreau
« Reply #176 on: February 02, 2016, 09:50:03 AM »
Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Looks great, Ranger Tim!

Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind; it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on a bicycle.
Helen Keller

"Any time you're throwin dirt you're losin ground."

Cormac McCarthy, No Country for Old Men

Offline lucky3

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2016, 12:36:13 PM »
Here I am on Black Gap Road on March 7th.  This was a great trip and I look forward to making it back again soon. 

Offline Hang10er

• Black Bear
  • "Do what you want before it's too late"
« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2016, 01:39:38 PM »

Love the Bend but always a pirate at heart.

Offline ambersdad

• Diamondback
« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2016, 02:57:11 PM »
April 2010. Was still 100 degrees when I got to PG1 after a day of hiking along the river and taking a shower at RGV.  Was able to rinse my clothes out while in the shower so I didn't have to spring for a washer.  Clothes dried in no time.

Having decent gear is nice, but wildlife photography is knowing your subject and getting lucky, and I love getting lucky.
https://www.facebook.com/randy.jones.33234
http://randyswildlifeandnaturephotography.com/

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!