Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

Glenn Springs road in a 2WD

• 1 Replies

Offline ThePonchoGuy

• Kangaroo Rat
Glenn Springs road in a 2WD
« on: September 24, 2018, 03:10:53 AM »
Hey everyone, Iím kind of new to backcountry sites in Big Bend. Iíve been to the Talley campsites before with a friend who had a 4WD vehicle, and some of the River Road east campsites (Gravel Pits I think). I was thinking about camping out at Glenn Springs 2, and was wondering if that could be done in a 2WD F-150 during good road conditions?

Offline Casa Grande

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Mountain Lion
  • Bending It Since 1991
    • Virtual Big Bend
Re: Glenn Springs road in a 2WD
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 04:07:04 AM »
You could even do it with a sedan, if it's dry (not recommended).   Not a big deal.  A vehicle with "high clearance" will be fine.  The only road that may be a problem with your truck is Black Gap.  I've taken my F150 I used to have down every back road they have, save for Black Gap.  If it's rained and muddy, I don't recommend River Road without a 4x4.

Sent from my Note 8 using Big Bend Chat mobile app
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 04:14:18 AM by Casa Grande »

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2018 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!