Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Upcoming trip

• 18 Replies

Offline rocketman

• Off-Grid Space Cadet
  • Diamondback
Re: Upcoming trip
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 05:06:13 PM »
Here's a trivia question: On a single lane road, when two vehicles meet, one has to back up (assuming there is no room to pass). Who has the right of way (and why)?

If they are in Texas, the bigger one has the right of way. Dirt roads to freeways..... :icon_biggrin:
Making ice cubes FROM THE SUN!!!

Offline Al

• Dog Face Moth
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 05:21:32 PM »
Here's a trivia question: On a single lane road, when two vehicles meet, one has to back up (assuming there is no room to pass). Who has the right of way (and why)?

If they are in Texas, the bigger one has the right of way. Dirt roads to freeways..... :icon_biggrin:

There's an element of truth to that but practically the vehicle which has easiest way to pull over usually yields.

Offline Jimbow

• Black Bear
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 05:43:52 PM »
I believe tonnage rights solves the problem.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Big Bend Chat mobile app

Everything is in walking distance if you have enough time.

Offline EdB

• Coyote
    • my blog
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 07:09:23 PM »
The park seems to be pretty full that weekend so all suggestions/tips/ideas/input/whatever! are all valued as I may need a back up to my back ups back ups back up plan lol.

Backups to your backups:
Croton Springs (take both sites)
Grapevine Hills 1, or 2 and 3, or 4 and 5 (1 is the easiest since it's really close to the main road)
Paint Gap 2 and 3
Nine Point Draw
Hannold Draw

You might want to camp at Cottonwood for a night if you're headed to that side of the park anyway. RGV is my least favorite place to camp.

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!