Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Pinto Canyon?

• 2 Replies

Offline cookch1

• Roadrunner
Pinto Canyon?
« on: February 15, 2008, 04:38:14 PM »
Between Marfa and Ruidosa, always wanted to make this drive. How are the 30 miles of unpaved road? Could I make it with a high clearance 2WD?

Offline eddie

• Jack Rabbit
Re: Pinto Canyon?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 09:05:43 PM »
My wife and I drove it the week before Christmas from Ruidoso to Marfa. A little rough in places, especially the part coming up out of the canyon, but my two wheel drive Jeep Cherokee made it fine. Very pretty drive.

Offline Interceptor

• Jack Rabbit
Re: Pinto Canyon?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 02:01:54 PM »
My wife and I have made the trip twice (once each way).  We didn't need 4-wheel drive either time.  We did get a flat up there last year in the week before Christmas.  We also got stopped by border patrol.  If you're heading north I understand that occurs almost every time.  It's a great drive, you'll enjoy it!

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!