Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

Free to a good home - "Hiking Big Bend National Park" book

• 7 Replies

Offline CDNJehn

• Kangaroo Rat
Free to a good home - "Hiking Big Bend National Park" book
« on: October 05, 2017, 05:59:44 PM »
Hi all!  I purchased the book "Hiking Big Bend National Park: A Guide to the Big Bend Area's Greatest Hiking Adventures, including Big Bend Ranch State Park" by Laurence Parent prior to our trip last year. I no longer need it and am happy ship it to a new home. I meant to leave it in our cottage at the park but totally forgot to tell my husband to leave it behind. The book was really valuable resource for us and is barely used.  Let me know if your like it ...

https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/hiking-big-bend-national-park-laurence-parent/1121044868?ean=9780762781683

Sent from my iPhone using Big Bend Chat

Offline tbone

• Coyote
Re: Free to a good home - "Hiking Big Bend National Park" book
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 06:13:06 PM »
I'd rather see a trip report with lots of pictures!  :eusa_dance:

I already have a couple of copies around here somewhere...

Offline tx1c

• Roadrunner
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 09:37:57 PM »
I think I have that one.
Even though the offer is already out on here, how about giving to the local library? Hopefully many people could benefit from it then.

Offline Hang10er

• Diamondback
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 08:42:11 AM »

I was actually sending you a message saying I'd be interested in reading it.  Wanting to carry on your hospitality I'd do the same as you and offer to send it to someone else.  Then I thought, liar! I'd save it to read over and over and take on future trips.  Then I'd look at the pictures and read it again.  I'd never get around to passing it on!

Thanks for the offer but I think I'll just find a copy at our Half Price Books.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:47:35 AM by Hang10er »

Offline CDNJehn

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 05:58:53 PM »
Unfortunately I think the need for this book in Southern Ontario is pretty minimal. I guess I could send to a library closer to Big Bend. Just trying to pass along some Canadian kindness ...

Offline nyoung

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 11:51:11 AM »
Unfortunately I think the need for this book in Southern Ontario is pretty minimal. I guess I could send to a library closer to Big Bend. Just trying to pass along some Canadian kindness ...

I guess if folks in Southern Ontario aren't interested in exploring parts of the world they've never seen before than it would have a minimal need. I personally wouldn't mind having some books on adventures faraway in our libraries, actually they already do.

Maybe instead of sending the book to a local library near Big Bend that already probably has plenty of reading material for Big Bend you should send a book about planning a visit to Southern Ontario.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Big Bend Chat mobile app

Offline StephandBlake

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 10:08:54 AM »
I would gladly accept the book and would leave it behind at the ranger station upon leaving.  We are heading there in November.  My cell number, if you're still wanting to share the book, is 480-249-5594.  You can text me and we can go from there.  Thanks! :icon_smile:

Online House Made of Dawn

• www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2YJduDyFA4
  • Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
  • Backpacking since '78, Big Bend since '95.
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 10:44:51 AM »
I would gladly accept the book and would leave it behind at the ranger station upon leaving.  We are heading there in November.  My cell number, if you're still wanting to share the book, is 480-249-5594.  You can text me and we can go from there.  Thanks! :icon_smile:

:great:
"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts."

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2018 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!