Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Texas Highways Big Bend articles

• 2 Replies

Offline Quatro

• Diamondback
Texas Highways Big Bend articles
« on: January 19, 2015, 12:14:00 PM »
February's Texas Highways magazine issue focuses on the Big Bend region including two articles by Laurence Parent.  First, a trip report of a Mesa De Anguila overnight trip with some nice photos.  Second, an article entitled Hidden Canyons of the Big Bend with very short descriptions of each along with difficulty ratings:  Closed Canyon (1 star), Ojito Adentro (1), Cinco Tinajas (1), Upper Burro Mesa Trail (2 star), Slickrock Canyon (2), Lower Shutup (3 stars), and Upper Rancherias (3). He mentions he is revising his book, Hiking Big Bend National Park, which makes me wonder if he will include some  BBRSP hikes also. 

Also, there is an article on historic hotels in the area (not a Parent article).  Doesn't look like the current issue is reflected on-line yet though.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - HST

Offline ds9writer

• Diamondback
Re: Texas Highways Big Bend articles
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 12:16:30 PM »
My father-in-law shared the magazine with me -- nice articles!
You don't travel to see different things,
You travel to see things differently.

Offline steelfrog

• Mountain Lion
Re: Texas Highways Big Bend articles
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 12:51:26 PM »
Laurence also has a page in the latest Backpacker on BB (p 26)

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!