Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2020 Big Bend Chat Calendar

2020 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Two new BBRSP books

• 2 Replies

Offline miatarchy04

• Roadrunner
Two new BBRSP books
« on: February 06, 2020, 12:39:40 PM »
Seen on amazon: Nored, Gary Big Bend Ranch State Park Road Guide, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, 2019, subtitle: An Interpretive Guide to Attractions Located on the Main Road Between the Front Gate and The Historic Sauceda Ranch. Also:
Fuller, Robert, and Jenny Fuller, Big Bend Ranch State Park: Half Day Hikes, Half Day HIkes publisher, 2019.

These books were published in September and October of last year. They are too pricey for me to bite ($10 for a 29 pp bk and $20 for a 90pp book). Can anyone provide a review?

Offline jim2

• jim2
  • Mountain Lion
Re: Two new BBRSP books
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 01:45:04 PM »
I was very lucky to get an early version of The BBRSP road guide some years back. So when I saw the official book for sale I bought it immediately. Gary Nored did a good job pointing out some very cool places most people drive right by. That little book has some knowledge about the park that is hard to find elsewhere.
 On our next trip to BB we will put this book to use, as we plan to drive to Sauceda and the road side stops are the destination. Cinco Tinajas, Ojito Adentro, and Las Cuevas  we will stop at all of those and hopefully a bunch more.
Rate the book, five stars ,very knowledgeable author good color photos , good read.
I've met Gary, he is a good person who loves that area and he showed both with this booklet

Offline miatarchy04

• Roadrunner
Re: Two new BBRSP books
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 08:56:01 AM »
Thanks for the information.

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2020 Big Bend Chat Calendar

2020 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!