Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Wife just pubilshed a Big Bend book!

• 3 Replies

Offline Doc Savage

• Diamondback
  • Ready to see BIBE again
« on: October 29, 2011, 07:52:14 PM »
Ok if this is out of place sorry, just gotta brag some :)

Wife works with a Homeschool resource center and she and the lady there have been self publishing books, and have just hooked up with Amazon for paperback and ebook distribution of their stuff. My wife just uploaded a kids book she did detailing a 2009 trip to BIBE. It's written from the perspective of a stuffed animal she took (part of a series they are doing).

Check out Waffle's Trip to Big Bend National Park on Amazon!

Robert
Enjoying the Texas life!

Offline Casa Grande

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Mountain Lion
  • Bending It Since 1991
    • Virtual Big Bend
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 10:17:18 PM »
Just ordered me a copy. Can't wait to get it!

Offline Doc Savage

• Diamondback
  • Ready to see BIBE again
Re: Wife just pubilshed a Big Bend book!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 05:00:34 PM »
Might see if we can get it autographed at the Thanksgiving get together next year  :icon_biggrin:

By the way, all proceeds for this book are going to support a deaf school in Matamoros. Wife stopped by there at the end of the trip described, but she pulled that part of the book out after the violence escalated there and some of the student's families were targeted.

Robert
Enjoying the Texas life!

Offline Casa Grande

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Mountain Lion
  • Bending It Since 1991
    • Virtual Big Bend
Re: Wife just pubilshed a Big Bend book!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 08:27:01 PM »
Wow!  That's great to hear.  I'd love to get it "John Hancocked" next year.  I'm sure my son (already a Bender, of course) will enjoy it and it will make a great addition to my classroom's library at school too :)

thanks for sharing!

(I'll write up a review when  I get it; from the perspective of my son, of course.)

David

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!