Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

A JULY! OML trip report from Reddit

• 77 Replies

Offline PacingTheCage

• Coyote
Re: A JULY! OML trip report from Reddit
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2019, 07:52:14 AM »
Enjoyed the report. Thanks for the water report about Boot Canyon too!

Sent from my iPhone using Big Bend Chat

Offline webnotions

• webnotions
  • Kangaroo Rat
  • Taxation is Theft
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2019, 11:00:41 AM »
Thanks for checking back in with a report, especially the water report from Boot Canyon.   :great:

What were the day time temperatures at PJ?

Not sure about PJ, but the highest our temps hit on the trails was about 100 the first day. The cool front kept temps under 100 the next few days. The NOAA weather report was very helpful. I suspect temps will go back up after the effects of this front finish wearing off.
"She is wedded to convictions in default of grosser ties"

Offline Flash

• Mountain Lion
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2019, 01:25:03 PM »
the temps dropping to low 60s at night were miserable w/ no sleeping bag [ditched those on advice].
Thanks for the report. I'm a bit astonished you would be advised not to take any bedding. Even down on the Dodson, sleeping on the hot ground in summer, it gets cool enough to want a blanket in the latter part of the night.  :eusa_think:

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!