Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Just passing thru

• 2 Replies

Anonymous

Just passing thru
« on: February 18, 2006, 12:07:20 AM »
Just stopping by to say Howdy.  I had the pleasure of visiting Big Bend many moons ago when I was just a fair young maiden.  Wonderful place.  We took a horseback ride down the canyon to a waterfall that went into the Rio Grand.  I think they called it the "window".  Now much time has passed and I feel myself drawn to the mountains of the west for it is a spirtual calling for me.  Hope to pass that way again some day.  I have learned much through the years and my return trip would be more rewarding that the first when I was so young and naive.

SHANEA

Re: Just passing thru
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 10:59:02 PM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
I have learned much through the years and my return trip would be more rewarding that the first when I was so young and naive.

Sounds like a good story or two there.  Stop back by anytime.

chisos_muse

Re: Just passing thru
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 01:58:22 PM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
Now much time has passed and I feel myself drawn to the mountains of the west for it is a spirtual calling for me.  

Sheesh I think we all know what you mean.....and you've only been there once. Well it only takes once to "Get It"......
You're never too old. And being a fair young maiden wouldn't make you enjoy it any more. It is your wisdom and experience that makes you appreciate it!  :wink:  
Yes, stop back anytime and share! :D

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!