Big Bend Chat

Big Bend National Park Q&A => Big Bend Photographs => Topic started by: westtex on July 06, 2007, 02:08:15 PM

Title: A Day of Santa Elena Canyon
Post by: westtex on July 06, 2007, 02:08:15 PM
I hope this hasn't already been posted elsewhere.

http://www.albradenphoto.com/portfolios/moon.php
Title: Re: A Day of Santa Elena Canyon
Post by: Vince T on July 06, 2007, 03:48:01 PM
Quote from: "westtex"
I hope this hasn't already been posted elsewhere.

http://www.albradenphoto.com/portfolios/moon.php


Well if someone did I hadn't seen it...very cool...thanks,
Vince
Title: Re: A Day of Santa Elena Canyon
Post by: Casa Grande on July 06, 2007, 08:12:39 PM
Quote from: "westtex"
I hope this hasn't already been posted elsewhere.

http://www.albradenphoto.com/portfolios/moon.php


very nice, indeed.....
Title: A Day of Santa Elena Canyon
Post by: Roy on July 06, 2007, 08:43:11 PM
Really nice.
2 1/2 hour exposure!!  wow
Title: A Day of Santa Elena Canyon
Post by: Sanjuro82 on July 07, 2007, 12:01:02 AM
Excellent!  Thanks!
Title: A Day of Santa Elena Canyon
Post by: Hoodoo on July 07, 2007, 08:59:58 AM
Yes, very nice. Thanks Westtex.

Be sure and click on "back to portfolio" at the bottom of the page to see all of his other photos of West Texas and Big Bend.

http://www.albradenphoto.com/portfolios/portfolios.php

Hoodoo
Title: A Day of Santa Elena Canyon
Post by: homerboy2u on July 07, 2007, 10:27:42 PM
Awsome pictures , man....it must have been tiresome to do that. You are very well dedicated.
Title: A Day of Santa Elena Canyon
Post by: TheWildWestGuy on July 12, 2007, 07:09:34 AM
Did you know that 2 of your time-lapse photos are on the back inside cover of this months Texas Highways magazine?
Congats and could you please put a link on your website to this chat page so maybe we can catch some new members?   In return you can PM me your email address and I will email you some awesome photo's of mine from BBNP that you can use/sell/publish/whatever... TWWG
Title: A Day of Santa Elena Canyon
Post by: RichardM on July 12, 2007, 11:13:46 AM
Quote from: "TheWildWestGuy"
Did you know that 2 of your time-lapse photos are on the back inside cover of this months Texas Highways magazine?
Congats and could you please put a link on your website to this chat page so maybe we can catch some new members?   In return you can PM me your email address and I will email you some awesome photo's of mine from BBNP that you can use/sell/publish/whatever... TWWG

Are you sure westtex and Al Braden are the same guy?  According to his bio (http://www.albradenphoto.com/about.php) he attended MIT in the late 60's.  His picture on this page (http://www.albradenphoto.com/contact.php) looks a little different, too. However, he's got contact info there so you're welcome to email or call him and invite him over here.
Title: A Day of Santa Elena Canyon
Post by: TheWildWestGuy on July 12, 2007, 07:55:59 PM
OOPS  I think I screwed up on this one since I ASSumed Westex was the photographer?   Maybe he is and just uses someone else's photo for his Avatar (I am not really a rattlesnake myself but I do bite when tread on).  I sent him some email so we might know soon who the real Al Braden is... TWWG
Title: A Day of Santa Elena Canyon
Post by: westtex on July 12, 2007, 08:59:23 PM
Sorry for confusing people, I am not the photographer that took those pictures.  My Dad works for TXDOT and always finds cool links in Texas Highways (TXDoters get them a week before everyone else).  

However I was in last October's Texas Highways riding my road bike in the Davis Mountains.  The picture in the Avatar is all me, no mysteries here.
Title: A Day of Santa Elena Canyon
Post by: chisos_muse on July 12, 2007, 09:17:58 PM
Quote from: "westtex"
Sorry for confusing people, I am not the photographer that took those pictures.  My Dad works for TXDOT and always finds cool links in Texas Highways (TXDoters get them a week before everyone else).  

However I was in last October's Texas Highways riding my road bike in the Davis Mountains.  The picture in the Avatar is all me, no mysteries here.


Aww, don't worry about it! I wasn't confused. :cool: Besides, Shane posts other peeps' trips and blogs and photo's here all the time! :whistle: