Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Parking

• 1 Replies

Offline thicks92

• Kangaroo Rat
Parking
« on: November 21, 2018, 01:04:51 PM »
Heyo, taking my first trip to BB in December...
Are there parking areas where all the main attraction trail heads are? For instance the Emory Peak hike, etc.
Or is it all side of road kind of stuff?

Offline Quatro

• Diamondback
Re: Parking
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 01:16:29 PM »
Major trailheads that I can think of all have established parking lots.  The trailhead for Emory Peak and the South Rim is located in the Basin with a huge parking lot.  The parking lot for the Lost Mine trail is probably the most crowded and will fill up from mid-morning thru mid-afternoon.  Due to the narrow road near that trailhead, roadside parking is a problem.  Otherwise roads in the park are wide with reasonable shoulders and combined with the low speed limits allow for safe roadside parking.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - HST

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!