Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Questions for the LADIES ONLY please...

• 46 Replies

Offline presidio

• Soaptree Yucca
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2007, 02:36:27 PM »
Quote from: "Goldilocks"
Quote from: "chisos_muse"

"Hold on a sec.........I'm on "M".......sombody get me another Corona :!:"

"And where the HELL did I put that Freshette thingy?????? Ahhhh screw it, this lil rainbow feller over here looks thirsty!"

I only made it to "G"...must be the light beer... 8)

'twould appear there is a conspiracy afoot to avoid making these comments on the other thread. :lol:
Ed Tom Bell (Tommy Lee Jones): If it ain't, it'll do till the mess gets here.
--No Country for Old Men (2007)

Offline Goldilocks

• Golden Eagle
  • Black Bear
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2007, 02:42:38 PM »
Presidio, we wouldn't want to hijack the deep philosophical discussion going on there.  Our weaker brains can't keep up... :oops:

On another note, Shane seems concerned about "girly men" responding.   :?   I don't know what he means by that.  Perhaps it means men who respond on a LADIES ONLY thread??  :?:

I'm just askin, is all.....

:roll:  :roll:

Yes, Texasgirl, this thread is hijacked!

Offline Goldilocks

• Golden Eagle
  • Black Bear
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2007, 02:58:41 PM »
For those who don't know me, I am KIDDING!    :wink:

ALL of you have posted some really good info here and I am grateful to everyone who adds their knowledge and experience to this board.  

:wink:

chisos_muse

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2007, 03:04:17 PM »
Quote from: "presidio"
'twould appear there is a conspiracy afoot to avoid making these comments on the other thread. :lol:

Well.....I'm not a man.... 8)

Offline presidio

• Soaptree Yucca
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2007, 05:19:54 PM »
Quote from: "Goldilocks"
For those who don't know me, I am KIDDING!    :wink:

Whew! I was worried there for a minute.  :D

Offline Wendy

• Jack Rabbit
    • http://www.wendylarsen.com
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2007, 06:58:13 PM »
Just to try to increase the number of women responding on this thread...  

I second the Ziploc baggies.   8)
Wendy

Offline TexasGirl

• Black Bear
colored zip lock bags
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2007, 12:12:24 PM »
http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_232.asp?desc=Colored+Reclosable+Poly+Bags

one source from google 'colored ziploc bags'

We could split a box of 1000!  

OTOH, hit up your computer-geek friends to save the silvery zip-locking anti-static bags that components come in...or your IT dept.  Not entirely opaque, but free.  Tell 'em you like to use them for gift wrapping.  ;)
As a matter of fact, I _do_ have an opinion on that....

Offline happyhiker39

• Roadrunner
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2007, 04:56:25 PM »
Tell 'em you like to use them for gift wrapping. Wink

LOL

Offline Goldilocks

• Golden Eagle
  • Black Bear
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2007, 09:14:26 PM »
I tried the Dove facial thingys that you add water to last weekend in Tyler.  They are great!  I loved them!  :lol: Much better than the Ponds ones I was using. :shock:

Also, I found some new thermals at Academy Sports on clearance.  They are called Hot Chillys.  My old silk thermals were almost worn out.  They are very warm and feel great.  The colors for women were baby blue or this weird pink so I bought the mens ones because they were black.  Someone needs to tell the makers of these things that women don't necessarily want "girly" colors.  But I highly recommend these.  They are polyester, not silk, but they work very well.   8)

SHANEA

‘Women of the Land’
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2007, 12:38:57 AM »
Media Contact: Sarah Bibbs, (512) 389-4577, sarah.bibbs@tpwd.state.tx.us or Tom Harvey, (512) 389-4453, tom.harvey@tpwd.state.tx.us

Feb. 5, 2007

‘Women of the Land’ Workshop Offered March 24-25
ALBANY, Texas — Landowners and other women interested in learning about land management, hunting basics and outdoor skills are invited to this year’s “Women of the Land,” workshop held at Stasney’s Cook Ranch in Albany, Texas, March 24-25.

The weekend seminar will offer a variety of classes to its participants, including: wildlife identification and management, deer and quail ecology, outdoor cooking, rifle and shotgun basics, ranch and wildlife management planning, and healthy streams and clean water management.

Saturday evening will feature an informal landowner panel called “Dessert, Coffee and Conservation,” focusing on stewardship and land management, with plenty of time allotted for questions.

“Talking with the actual landowners who are doing this work is always a highlight,” said Linda Campbell, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department private lands program director.

Another highlight of the workshop is the opportunity for mothers to bring their daughters along.

“The idea is to pass on the heritage of land stewardship,” said Campbell. “This is a good opportunity for interested teenagers who are helping their parents in the ranching business.”

Women age 14 and older are eligible to attend.

“Women of the Land 2007” is sponsored by the Texas Wildlife Association, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo, Grazing Lands Conservation Initiative and Stasney’s Cook Ranch.

The workshop’s registration deadline is March 1. Cost of the program is $150 for participants arriving on Saturday. Friday night lodging is available for an extra fee. For more information contact Linda Campbell at linda.campbell@tpwd.state.tx.us or (512) 389-4395 or Helen Holdsworth at h_holdsworth@texas-wildlife.org or (210) 826-2904.

A“Women of the Land 2007” flyer can be found online through the Texas Wildlife Association Website. Other workshops of interest can be located on the Texas Parks and Wildlife Web site, and more information on Stasney’s Cook Ranch can also be found on the Web.

———
On the Net:

http://www.texas-wildlife.org/
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/landwater/land/private/workshops/
http://www.stasneyscookranch.com/

Offline happyhiker39

• Roadrunner
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2007, 03:25:24 PM »
Thanks for the info Shane.

Offline happyhiker39

• Roadrunner
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007, 04:01:30 PM »
Someone needs to tell the makers of these things that women don't necessarily want "girly" colors.

I second that! My thermals are black too. :)

Offline presidio

• Soaptree Yucca
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2007, 10:35:38 PM »
Quote from: "happyhiker39"
Someone needs to tell the makers of these things that women don't necessarily want "girly" colors.

I second that! My thermals are black too. :)

Just remember that it doesn't matter what color it is....if they tack on 'tactical' or 'professional' to the name or description the price will triple.

Tactical Pink is probably unaffordable. :lol:  :lol:

Offline TexasGirl

• Black Bear
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2007, 05:45:50 PM »
Check out SmartWool at REI.  Their merino wool is soft and not itchy.  REI currently has black, purple, green, and blue in various weights, tops and bottoms.
As a matter of fact, I _do_ have an opinion on that....

Offline happyhiker39

• Roadrunner
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2007, 04:15:19 PM »
I've heard good things about Merino wool. Might have to check it out next time I go to REI.

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!