Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

UFO SIGHTINGS

• 21 Replies

Offline iCe

• Random Pixel Generator
  • Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
    • Wild Light Imaging Studio
Re: UFO SIGHTINGS
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 10:20:03 PM »
What do you mean? Isn't everyone around Terlingua just like this guy???

Not hardly. While Terlingua is the TX epicenter of weird, only exceeded by the larger weirdville of Austin, this "local" (Ty Mitchell) was an actor. While he apparently owns a bar in Marfa, his connection to the events in Terlingua was solely as a hired hand to lend "atmosphere" to the clickbait Nat Geo drivel.

Archie Gill, the owner of Terlingua Auto Service, is an authentic Terlingua resident and he would have been a superior choice for the role.

Beyond the actual homicide, apparent incompetent prosecution and unbelievable verdict, the the Nat Geo production was low quality soap opera. NGS used to be a respected journalistic organization. Not anymore.
I quizzed a local about Badlands. She just rolled her eyes and said "I'm glad they're gone". I said "me too" and smiled.

Offline Buck

• Black Bear
  • Jose' is Lonely
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 07:56:13 AM »
contains a description of how the entire countryside for miles around lit up at night as bright as day for no reason that he could imagine

Possible explanation I can imagine. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyote
"Hey, how 'bout a Fandango..?"

Offline Keepa

• Roadrunner
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 01:06:49 PM »
It's been a long time since I read J. O. Langford's "Big Bend, a Homesteader's Story" about how he developed the Hot Springs resort before WWI, but it contains a description of how the entire countryside for miles around lit up at night as bright as day for no reason that he could imagine. If I remember correctly he said this lasted for hours and may have happened on several successive nights. I have never heard of anyone else witnessing this although there were other scattered settlers around at that time.

I have read that book, it is terrific. If memory serves me, it was a comet or a meteor.

Offline Jeremyj

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 07:17:46 PM »
I'd just a soon people didn't do shows about this kind of thing in the Big Bend area. Especially since I own property near Big Bend in Brewster county.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Big Bend Chat mobile app

Offline tbone

• Coyote
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 08:20:02 PM »
I'd just a soon people didn't do shows about this kind of thing in the Big Bend area. Especially since I own property near Big Bend in Brewster county.

Ah-ha! You're obviously part of the conspiracy!
 :helicopter:

Offline Jeremyj

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 08:33:06 PM »
What ever go elsewhere like  Roswell if you want goofy stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Big Bend Chat mobile app

Offline presidio

• Soaptree Yucca
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 09:26:39 PM »
What ever go elsewhere like  Roswell if you want goofy stuff

:victory: :eusa_clap: :eusa_dance:

Indeed. Roswell would welcome the notoriety and exposure. They have a UFO festival every late June or early July. It's become a big deal. Everyone in Roswell believes in UFOs, at least to the extent they bring in substantial revenues and economic benefits each year.
Ed Tom Bell (Tommy Lee Jones): If it ain't, it'll do till the mess gets here.
--No Country for Old Men (2007)

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2018 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!