Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

Entering the park.

• 2 Replies

Offline BlindWilly

• Overlander
  • Diamondback
  • Exploring the world, from Texas.
    • TXpedition Offroad & Overland
Entering the park.
« on: November 07, 2018, 09:50:52 AM »
As the date gets closer to visit BBRSP, I'm planning the trip in a bit more detail...
My group will be coming in from the park via the north side on Casa Piedra road.
On our way to check in at Sauceda Ranch, would it be ok to take Botella Trail from Casa Piedra to the main road before checking in?
I don't want to be enjoying and using the park before paying the entrance fee, yet we will still be heading that way once on the main road. 
"No matter where you go, there you are"
-Buckaroo Bonzai

www.txpedition.com

Offline Mesquito

• Kangaroo Rat
Re: Entering the park.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 08:03:43 AM »
Iíve come in through both Casa Piedra and Botello Road.  They donít ask, I donít tell.  I imagine, from the Parkís point of view, they would like to know there are visitors on Botello.

Offline BlindWilly

• Overlander
  • Diamondback
  • Exploring the world, from Texas.
    • TXpedition Offroad & Overland
Re: Entering the park.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 03:34:12 PM »
Iíve come in through both Casa Piedra and Botello Road.  They donít ask, I donít tell.  I imagine, from the Parkís point of view, they would like to know there are visitors on Botello.
I agree, that's why I thought I'd ask.  Technically we are on our way to register at Sauceda... BUT there is some good wheeling to be had on that trail! 
"No matter where you go, there you are"
-Buckaroo Bonzai

www.txpedition.com

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2018 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!