Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Favorite BBRSP Pics

• 9 Replies

Offline randell

• Coyote
  • Mountain Lion
  • Purveyor of Fine Hats
Favorite BBRSP Pics
« on: May 23, 2007, 04:44:45 PM »
I have been trying to decide which photo I took last November while in BBRSP is my favorite.  I had a few top contenders, but somehow this one was overlooked.  This week I rediscovered it and it is now my new favorite.

Here were the other contenders:

Undoubtedly, these are not the best shots there are of BBRSP, but the best I have taken.  

Anyone else have any favorite BBRSP pics?
There's nothing like a good quest to get you intimate with a place. - Tom Clynes

SHANEA

Re: Favorite BBRSP Pics
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 06:25:35 PM »
Quote from: "randell"

Undoubtedly, these are not the best shots there are of BBRSP, but the best I have taken.  

Anyone else have any favorite BBRSP pics?

I'm certainly no expert, but I think they are all great shots - I do like this one the best

Online Al

• Dog Face Moth
  • Mountain Lion
Favorite BBRSP Pics
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 08:20:31 PM »
I'd say those are some very nice shots.  BBRSP is not as photogenic as BiBe.  Here's a couple of my better ones . . . not as nice as yours.

Al

SHANEA

Long Horns...
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 10:24:19 PM »
Its so neat to see the long horns running around out there.  I've had the pleasure of seeing big bunches, I guess you'd call those heards, of them.

SHANEA

TOP 10 BBRSP PICS
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 10:39:02 PM »
After combing and culling through Brazillions of BBRSP pics, I've come up with the top 10 of those that I have viewed.  Drum Roll Please....

#10 - Taken from the Rancho Viejo campsite.

#09 - Also taken from the Rancho Viejo camsite by an A-Team friend Dr. T with his digital camera while the rest of us were still clinging to our film cameras. (he was the first in our group to go digital...pace setter, early innovator)  

#08 - Campsite @ Ranch Viejo looking at the M&M Mountain - AKA Allens Peak - a friend of mine lost a hot with M&M Candies on it on that mountain.  Probably still there, as probably no one has climbed it since then.

#07 - Campsite @ Rancho Viejo.  

#06 - A friend of mines son, named after the mighty Brazos river, at BBRSP, in a structure long since gone at the springs near the Big House.  I believe this was our first trip to BBRSP.

#05 - The Rancho Viejo campsite, my fav @ BBRSP, is always plagued with "late arrivals" showing up and setting up camp here.  Good grief, there's a Brazillion acres there - 300,000+ acres, you'd think people could find somewhere else to setup.  I go to BBRSP to get away from the world.  This was "Lucas McCanes" attempt at preventing uninvited campers from pitching tents, etc.  

#04 - BBRSP - Ranch Viejo - the sun is down, time for some scotch, gin, beer, wine - heck, anything with alcohol in it...  Good friends, good food, good liquor, good times...  That's the stuff that memories and dreams are made of...

#03 - Papalotito Colorado Campsite - great trip, very cold.  I was sick as a dog most of the trip with bronchitis and strep throat.  We packed up from here and wagon trained down to BGWMA.   Had an outstanding time here.   One of the last times that we got the entire A-TEAM together.

#02 - I call this one Diogenes.  Dr. T.
It is said that the cynic Greek philosopher Diogenes would walk through the streets of Athens with a lantern in broad daylight, in search of an honest man.

#01 - Hands down, my best of best.  It shows basically the entire Ateam @  Cinco Tinjas - and the "reflection" in the water was just a good mistake.

BigBendHiker

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 06:54:59 AM »
I somehow missed this thread when it was first posted...

Great set of pictures.  Randell...those you took, especially that last one are outstanding.

BBH

Offline randell

• Coyote
  • Mountain Lion
  • Purveyor of Fine Hats
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 03:07:15 PM »
I somehow missed this thread when it was first posted...

Great set of pictures.  Randell...those you took, especially that last one are outstanding.

BBH

Thanks!  I actually wound up blowing the first one up to a 20x30 and putting it in my cube.  Came out great!
There's nothing like a good quest to get you intimate with a place. - Tom Clynes

Offline 01ACRViper

• Mountain Lion
    • GRB Photography
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 02:03:48 AM »
oh man, how did i miss this thread  :eusa_doh:

das pooch  :eusa_angel:

i really love the ranch, i think the remoteness of it and the fact that there isn't much info on it out there make it sort of a new place to explore, though thats not really the case  :eusa_boohoo:

Offline Ay Chihuahua!

• Black Bear
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 07:54:27 PM »
Hello 01ACRViper,

I was hoping you might be able to tell me where this picture was taken.
Actually, it would be cool if you could tell us where each of them was taken.  Thanks.

Offline xseption

• Do it in Big Bend!
  • Black Bear
  • BiBe is the BEST!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 03:09:48 PM »
Wonderful pics! I did enjoy Viper's pics the most. So, Viper, please share the locations of those awesome picks!!

thanks!

~ edd
Be the kind of person that you will want to meet!

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!