Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Maps of BBRSP

• 6 Replies

Offline TxGypsyGal

• Brandi 😌❤️
  • Jack Rabbit
Maps of BBRSP
« on: November 07, 2019, 10:32:07 AM »
Does anyone have a link for a good map of BBRSP. We finally trekked over from BBNP last year and OMGOSH! I fell in LOVE! I would love to spend more time hiking and driving in this park on our 2020 trip. I even traded in my minivan and bought a suburban to accommodate more exploring! My kiddos will be 7, 9 and 11 this year. It's our 4th trip and they are good hikers. We did Hoodoos and Closed Canyon last year, but ready for more adventures next year. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Big Bend Chat mobile app

“None of Nature’s landscapes are ugly so long as they are wild.” ― John Muir

Offline Jalco

• Mountain Lion
Re: Maps of BBRSP
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 12:57:57 PM »
The park's website has a pretty good set of maps, https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/big-bend-ranch/map

Offline PineHurst

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 10:47:32 AM »
https://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/media/park_maps/pwd_mp_p4501_152l_discovery.pdf

This is also available for purchase in the Ranger station in a big printed format.

Offline BlindWilly

• Overlander
  • Diamondback
  • Exploring the world, from Texas.
    • TXpedition Offroad & Overland
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 01:46:06 PM »
https://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/media/park_maps/pwd_mp_p4501_152l_discovery.pdf

This is also available for purchase in the Ranger station in a big printed format.
This is a great map. I have it on Avenza Maps on an android tablet and it's taken me all over the park. Just make sure you have a good GPS signal on the tablet.
"No matter where you go, there you are"
-Buckaroo Bonzai

www.txpedition.com

Offline TxGypsyGal

• Brandi 😌❤️
  • Jack Rabbit
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 01:52:53 PM »
This is a good map! I don't know why I didn't initially see it on the site. Thanks!
“None of Nature’s landscapes are ugly so long as they are wild.” ― John Muir

Offline TexasLC

• Jack Rabbit
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 03:21:03 PM »
They sell a waterproof style map like that in the Ranger Stations.  My cell doesn't work out there.

Offline Fox60

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 01:20:13 PM »
The National Geographic "Trails Illustrated" series includes folding water resistant topographic maps of Big Bend NP but I don't know about BBRSP being within the Nat Geo/TI series. 

For a completely fascinating BBRSP map experience consider the Texas Bureau of Economic Geology publication #GB0027 (Guidebook 27)  Geology of Big Bend Ranch State Park, Texas, by Christopher D. Henry, published by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Press.  It's  not cheap at $19.95 but it includes 72 pages of text including 81 figures and line drawings with 1 oversize color geologic map in two sheets.  It is written with geologists and non-geologists in mind.  A companion product is #DE0003 "Down to Earth at Big Band Ranch State Park: Geologic Map and Trail-Side Geology".

Fox60

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!