Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

Tascate Campsite BBRSP

• 2 Replies

Offline Ddwolpert

• Kangaroo Rat
Tascate Campsite BBRSP
« on: July 18, 2017, 08:42:15 PM »
Can anyone comment on Tascate in BBRSP?
We are heading out for a week in mid September and I've only stayed in the bunkhouse out there.
The afternoon sun being shaded by the mountains that time of year is what appealed to me in the writeup. Any comments on that site or any others would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Big Bend Chat

Offline Ranger Tim

• Coyote
  • Vulpes vulpes
Re: Tascate Campsite BBRSP
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 01:57:27 PM »
Tascate #1 is a very secluded site whereas #2 is high on a hillside with a commanding view of the Llano. Both are two-wheel drive accessible and close to the Sauceda Ranger Station.

This is a link to the ebook Campsites of Big Bend Ranch
http://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/media/pwd_bk_p4501_2059.pdf
"The greatest happiness possible to man ... is to become civilized, to know the pageant of the past, to love the beautiful,... and then, retaining animal instincts and appetites, to live in the wilderness"
- J. Frank Dobie

Offline BlindWilly

• Overlander
  • Coyote
    • TXpedition Offroad & Overland
Re: Tascate Campsite BBRSP
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 07:54:10 AM »
For me, Mexicano #1 was like that.
It's more of a 4x4 track to get there, but it's worth it.  You're surrounded by hills and the evening sunset was pretty.
The sunrise was also pretty spectacular.
"No matter where you go, there you are"
-Buckaroo Bonzai

www.txpedition.com

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2018 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!