Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Wanna buy some land inside BBRSP?

• 3 Replies

Offline RichardM

• Admin/Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mountain Lion
Wanna buy some land inside BBRSP?
« on: March 27, 2008, 02:13:26 PM »
20 Acres Block G-5, Section 23
N/2-SE/4-NE/4
This is a unique property located inside Big Bend State Ranch. Access is through private ranches and must be arranged with the new owners. Remote & beautiful.

$3000, Net, Buyer pays closing cost

I wonder if this parcel is sourrounded by other inholdings or can be accessed from inside the park.  I guess if you got tired of having your own private campsite you could offer to sell it to John Poindexter.  :eusa_think:

Offline Ay Chihuahua!

• Black Bear
Re: Wanna buy some land inside BBRSP?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 02:31:52 PM »

I guess if you got tired of having your own private campsite you could offer to sell it to John Poindexter.  :eusa_think:
Or you could gift it to the GLO. But, of course, the outcome would be the same.  :icon_rolleyes:

Offline jeffblaylock

• Horned Frog
  • Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
  • I'd rather be on the South Rim
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 04:09:41 PM »
I guess if you got tired of having your own private campsite you could offer to sell it to John Poindexter.  :eusa_think:
Or you could gift it to the GLO. But, of course, the outcome would be the same.  :icon_rolleyes:

:rolling:

There's even a gun range on it, natch.
Jeff Blaylock
Austin, Texas

"We'll be back, someday soon. We will return, someday, and when we do the gritty
splendor and the complicated grandeur of Big Bend will still be here. Waiting for us."--Ed Abbey

Offline Mrscookie

• Jack Rabbit
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 02:02:31 AM »
If this is the piece we have been checking on, it is accessible only by the road that goes to the Sauceda and then on to the Solotario, then on past the end of the road from the Solotario.  We haven't looked at it yet, but it should be a terrific piece.

Lots of challenges to get to it.   :eusa_clap:

The Cookie Baker

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!