Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

FarFlung

• 18 Replies

Offline MarkB

• Black Bear
    • Big Bend Photos
Re: FarFlung
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 08:14:53 PM »
Read the contract carefully however as some contracts state not allowed for off road useage...

Yes, but off roading is not allowed in the park.
...and some insurance companies consider dirt roads the same as off-road. Always read the fine print and ask, if in doubt.
-----------------
Exactly Richard. And the last one I saw said no off paved road use.

Offline Interceptor

• Jack Rabbit
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 01:14:03 PM »
We rented a Jeep last week from the garage in Terlingua.  It was a 4WD Liberty with about 61,000 miles.  I think it cost us about $125 for the day.  Definitely would do that again! 

We should have some pictures to post later.

Offline Traces of Texas

• Jack Rabbit
    • See My Traces of Texas
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 08:05:53 PM »
Just found that my old bartender here in Austin, Craig, somehow secured a job as a guide at Far Flung.

He's a great guy, really smart, and I can imagine that he's picked up on things very quickly.

"I must say as to what I have seen of Texas, it is the garden spot of the world. The best land & best prospects for health I ever saw is here, and I do believe it is a fortune to any man to come here."

-- Crockett's last letter, to his children

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2017 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!