Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Golden Eagle (formerly known as Premium Bender) Subscriptions

• 33 Replies

Offline STARLITDARKNESS3

• Black Bear
Re: Golden Eagle (formerly known as Premium Bender) Subscriptions
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2007, 12:01:50 AM »
Thanks!!
"Are we there yet?"  ... by my Kids

Offline fartymarty

• Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
  • Lovin' BiBe for 50 years.
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 02:04:17 PM »
I counted 45 Golden Eagle members today. Come on Benders, at less that 14 cents a day, can we make it to 50 or more by the end of March? :eusa_dance:

(Thanks for reading this shameless plug for my favorite website, you may now continue with your enjoyment of same. Don't let that little 14 cents of guilt stop you.)   :eusa_shifty:

Fort Worth

Offline dkerr24

• Mountain Lion
  • The worst day hiking > the best day in a cubicle.
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 03:36:08 PM »
I don't pay for any online subscriptions - except for this site.  I feel it deserves my support as the folks here are very helpful, even for advice on non-BIBE activities.

Offline fartymarty

• Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 11:32:15 AM »
Today I counted 47 Golden Eagle members and I received a PM pledge to join so that means only 2 to go to reach 50 by the end of this month.

Not exactly a March Madness sign up frenzy :icon_rolleyes:, but an improvement none the less.

At less than $.14 per day it's quite a bargain.  :eusa_dance:

Fort Worth

Offline fartymarty

• Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 11:04:18 AM »
Today I counted 48 Golden Eagles, so we didn't make it to 50.  :icon_cry:

I guess I won't be getting a second career as a fund raiser.

Thanks to the 3 that signed up! :eusa_clap:
Fort Worth

Offline RichardM

• Admin/Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 11:24:56 AM »
I guess it doesn't help that the PayPal links haven't been working, but hopefully they will now...

Go to the middle of the Home page to sign up.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:10:02 PM by RichardM »

Offline RichardM

• Admin/Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 10:14:45 PM »
For anyone who has subscribed in the past, login to your Paypal account to cancel the recurring payment option if you choose not to renew.

Quote from: Paypal's help pages
How do I cancel a recurring payment, subscription, or automatic billing agreement I have with a merchant?
  • Click Profile at the top of the page.
  • Click My Preapproved Payments in the Financial Information column.
  • Click View the Agreement next to the merchant agreement you want to cancel.
  • Click Cancel or Cancel automatic billing and follow the instructions.

And for anyone whose recurring payments are set to be sent to the old "Interactive Vistas" account, you may want to cancel the auto-payment and re-subscribe so the payment will go through correctly. Paypal and this board's software aren't playing nicely together, so Casa Grande or myself will still have to manually change your subscription settings. That will happen a little faster if the new subscription links are used.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 04:50:03 PM by RichardM »

Offline RichardM

• Admin/Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 09:14:27 PM »
For anyone who has gotten an email from Paypal or "Interactive Vistas/BigBendChat.com", that just means that the recurring payments have been cancelled within Paypal. The expiration date for Golden Eagle subscriptions are reset manually here on the board by the administrators, so the only change will be that your next payment won't happen unless you re-subscribe. Sorry for any confusion, but there was no way for us to modify existing payment schedules to switch from one Paypal account to another.

Offline dkerr24

• Mountain Lion
  • The worst day hiking > the best day in a cubicle.
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2010, 09:16:24 PM »
For anyone who has gotten an email from Paypal or "Interactive Vistas/BigBendChat.com", that just means that the recurring payments have been cancelled within Paypal. The expiration date for Golden Eagle subscriptions are reset manually here on the board by the administrators, so the only change will be that your next payment won't happen unless you re-subscribe. Sorry for any confusion, but there was no way for us to modify existing payment schedules to switch from one Paypal account to another.

Richard - thanks for the update... I got one of those e-mails and thought maybe I broke some cardinal rule and lost my site privileges!  :)

Offline RichardM

• Admin/Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 10:12:14 PM »

Richard - thanks for the update... I got one of those e-mails and thought maybe I broke some cardinal rule and lost my site privileges!  :)
And remember, if anyone has any questions or problems with subscribing, don't hesitate to contact me! A PM works fine, as do emails to the address shown under my avatar. The contact link up on the menu bar at the top of the page will send a message to my home email account, so I don't get those until I get home and online.

SHANEA

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2010, 11:01:27 AM »
Done.
Renewed.
Set it and forget it.

Offline RichardM

• Admin/Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2010, 04:02:37 PM »
A reminder: If you subscribe or renew and your Golden Eagle status isn't active yet, contact me via email (admin@bigbendchat.com or the one under my avatar picture) or PM. We have to manually update your status since Paypal still isn't playing nice with the board's software. :icon_rolleyes:

Also, if your Paypal account is using a different email address than the one listed in your BBC account profile, you may want to contact me as well to let me know. I received notice of a subscription the other day, but the email address doesn't show up in our database so I have no idea who it is. Naturally I emailed them but emails don't always go through. So, if you recently signed up for a recurring annual subscription and your account hasn't been updated, just send me an email from the same account used by Paypal letting me know your BBC member name and I'll update your status. :)

Offline RichardM

• Admin/Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2010, 01:11:21 PM »
A reminder: If you subscribe or renew and your Golden Eagle status isn't active yet, contact me via email (admin@bigbendchat.com or the one under my avatar picture) or PM. We have to manually update your status since Paypal still isn't playing nice with the board's software.

Also, if your Paypal account is using a different email address than the one listed in your BBC account profile, you may want to contact me as well to let me know. I received notice of a subscription the other day, but the email address doesn't show up in our database so I have no idea who it is. Naturally I emailed them but emails don't always go through. So, if you recently signed up for a recurring annual subscription and your account hasn't been updated, just send me an email from the same account used by Paypal letting me know your BBC member name and I'll update your status. :)
Another reminder to please include your BigBendChat username, especially if your PayPal account uses a different email address than the one registered on BBC!

Offline RichardM

• Admin/Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 01:40:26 PM »
A reminder: If you subscribe or renew and your Golden Eagle status isn't active yet, contact me via email (admin@bigbendchat.com or the one under my avatar picture) or PM. We have to manually update your status since Paypal still isn't playing nice with the board's software.

Another reminder to please include your BigBendChat username, especially if your PayPal account uses a different email address than the one registered on BBC!
We just had another member sign up whose email address isn't in our records. It could be that the board's software isn't sending the information correctly to Paypal, but until the mystery Golden Eagle to be contacts me, we'll never know!

Offline dprather

• Mountain Lion
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2014, 06:53:47 PM »
How much per month?
How much per year?
Leave "quit" at the car.  Embrace the trail as your friend.  Expect to enjoy yourself, and to be amazed.

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!