Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2020 Big Bend Chat Calendar

2020 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

A New Way to Camp

• 29 Replies

SHANEA

A New Way to Camp
« on: July 26, 2007, 12:53:21 PM »
Do you think I can get this up to the Basin?

I need to either win the lottery or marry a rich girl, a very very rich girl, that's about the only way I'll ever get close to one of these babies...

Offline randell

• Coyote
  • Mountain Lion
  • Purveyor of Fine Hats
A New Way to Camp
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 04:17:37 PM »
Are there two toilets?  Or is it one toilet and big mirror so you can make faces at yourself while you are sitting on the toilet?
There's nothing like a good quest to get you intimate with a place. - Tom Clynes

Offline Al

• Dog Face Moth
  • Mountain Lion
A New Way to Camp
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 04:33:52 PM »
Hopefully there is a mirror behind the toilet and one the door so one can relieve oneself while contemplating infinity . . .

Al

Offline RichardM

• Admin/Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mountain Lion
A New Way to Camp
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 06:03:16 PM »
So, does the rig need to be lifted up on jacks before the roadster can be unloaded or does it just look that way?  I guess that keeps any idjits from trying to load/unload while the RV's in motion.

A New Way to Camp
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 06:13:25 PM »
Now how much does it cos........

Oh, that's right, if you have to ask.........

Nevermind.
"No, that did not happen to me.  You have me confused with someone else."

Offline 01ACRViper

• Mountain Lion
    • GRB Photography
A New Way to Camp
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 06:17:36 PM »
Quote from: "RichardM"
So, does the rig need to be lifted up on jacks before the roadster can be unloaded or does it just look that way?  I guess that keeps any idjits from trying to load/unload while the RV's in motion.

it looks like it's on the leveling jacks when the car is coming out, so i'd assume they have to raise it up. too abd you can't fit a more practical vehicle in there :lol:

chisos_muse

A New Way to Camp
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 06:57:57 PM »
That's a custom, isn't it?

The real question is....does the toilet wipe your @ss for you too? For that $ it damn well better! :lol:
And by looking at the photo, it very well does look like 2 of them! YUK!  :-# That's one thing I DON'T do in front of a loved one!  #-o

SHANEA

$
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 10:20:41 PM »
I guess $1.6 million.

Based on http://tinyurl.com/2hnlw7 Country Coach Rhopsody Model @ $1.3 million.  http://www.countrycoach.com/

Offline mountaindocdanny

• Diamondback
    • http://griffisfamilyoutdoors.blogspot.com
A New Way to Camp
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 12:31:15 PM »
Why not just stay in a hotel (or stay home). If you want to be that removed from your environment I'm not sure why you would ever leave your front door.

Offline bdann

• Creosote
  • Mountain Lion
A New Way to Camp
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 04:57:12 PM »
WATER, It does a body good.

Offline bdann

• Creosote
  • Mountain Lion
A New Way to Camp
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 05:26:43 PM »
ooops, i clicked the wrong link.  i had been wondering what kind of weird camera angle they used to make the inside look so big.   :oops:
WATER, It does a body good.

SHANEA

La Linda Trip: Aguachile Mine,4 Palms Mine & The Tunnel
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 06:53:07 PM »
That company needs to hire Homero to take them to the mines and La Linda for some really unique pictures.  Homero's are much better than this "action shot".  

Sweet unit.  I wonder what it's like to sleep on top of that thing in a howling wind  :shock: and how much the entire vehicle shakes.  At least you wouldn't have to worry about the lions, tigers, and bears...

CB Radio is kinda pricey though...

Not much, any, privacy, when sitting on the toidy...

YUK! :-# That's one thing I DON'T do in front of a loved one! #-o

Me, I'll just stick with R2D2 - does me well.  Sleeps many comfortably, has a "reasonably" private toidy and shower, A/C, Heat, heated beds, cooktop, microwave, water, etc.  And, it's off road equipped...

Offline homerboy2u

• The Chipewa Cris tribe,Canada:
  • Mountain Lion
A New Way to Camp
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 09:33:12 PM »
Man i just couldn't take a " load" and cook right next to the toidy...the aromas would kill my dish :pissed:

However, they could use some support on those pictures . Let me give them a hauler and invite them over here. maybe they could cough up a Big Bend Chat version of a unit. WTH, lets give it a shot :!:  :lol:
Stay thirsty, my friends.

Offline Al

• Dog Face Moth
  • Mountain Lion
A New Way to Camp
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 12:32:55 AM »
Am I reading this right?  For $77K plus the cost of a loaded Jeep @ $33K I can have that vehicle?  For a $100,000 I can do much more than that!!

Al

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2020 Big Bend Chat Calendar

2020 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!