Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Introducing the New...

• 26 Replies

SHANEA

Introducing the New...
« on: November 15, 2013, 09:53:50 AM »
Yep, picked it up last weekend.   Will have a shake down cruise over Thanksgiving.  Then, it will make it's debut in West Texas during the Christmas season.

Offline Picacho

• Black Bear
Re: Introducing the New...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 10:26:20 AM »
Very nice!

Just a note.  With the internet it is easy to look up addresses from a license plate.  It's a good practice to either fuzz out the plate number with Photoshop or retake the pic without the license plate in it.  I am sure all the regulars on BBC are trustworthy, but you never know who is out there that looks at this website that might like what you have and want it for themselves. 

Offline CubScoutMom

• Jack Rabbit
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 02:18:35 PM »
I'm cracking up that you posted a picture of the potty.   :icon_lol: 

Looks like a lot of fun will be had by all!  Does it have a name?  :)

SHANEA

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 04:03:36 PM »
Thanks, I'm not that paranoid.  It's pretty easy to figure out who I am and where I am - not many dots to connect.   Really don't understand the big deal, for many years you could find someone very easily using the white pages and reverse number lookup or by dialing 411.   People were stalking people and harassing people long long before the internet.   

Offline steelfrog

• Mountain Lion
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 04:06:53 PM »
I looked you up.  You are Shane Allen!

Offline RichardM

• Admin/Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 05:07:07 PM »
I looked you up.  You are Shane Allen!
Yeah, but what's his first name?

Offline presidio

• Soaptree Yucca
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 06:17:16 PM »
Thanks, I'm not that paranoid.  It's pretty easy to figure out who I am and where I am - not many dots to connect.   Really don't understand the big deal, for many years you could find someone very easily using the white pages and reverse number lookup or by dialing 411.   People were stalking people and harassing people long long before the internet.   

Sure, but social media has vastly simplified that task for the miscreants out there, helped by the folks that become their victims.

Will have a shake down cruise over Thanksgiving.  Then, it will make it's debut in West Texas during the Christmas season.

And, you've now told everyone you pretty much exactly when you won't be home during two holidays. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you aren't home when the TT is gone. And, with other photos you've posted recently, folks also won't have any trouble figuring out which house is yours once they go to the (not much) trouble of locating the address. I'd say you've put way too much personal info in a public place.

Hopefully, you won't regret the publicity.
Ed Tom Bell (Tommy Lee Jones): If it ain't, it'll do till the mess gets here.
--No Country for Old Men (2007)

Offline Terlingua50337

• Diamondback
  • West Texas road trip? Get in......... I'll drive!
    • Leeds Fine Western Art Photography
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 05:23:09 AM »
Did you buy that from Snead? It's got his name on it.

SHANEA

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 07:50:26 AM »
Snead?  nope, got it from princess craft in roundrock, consignment unit, 2010 model, no instant depreciation, fantastic shape, 60% off retail

Offline badknees

• Actually, I was there once
  • Mountain Lion
  • I think I know that place
    • Through the Mirror
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 07:55:32 AM »

I think it passed quietly over the head.......... :eusa_shhh:
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R. Tolkien

Through the Mirror
http://mirrormagic.com

SHANEA

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 12:36:38 PM »
lisc plates, be like the uproar when local church groups were standing outside the local titty bar snapping pics of all the patrons and their lisc plates as they drove in and entered the club, or the other religious group taking pics of those that went into liquor stores for the demon beverage.  then posting all of them to the webpage and then tracking down the high value assets of local officials, ministers, educators, etc as they were within their right, they were on public property.  be like me coming out of humpy dumpty and someone didnt like the bumper sticker on my truck and jotted down the lisc plate so he could give me a piece of his mind.  or the more recent example of people buying plan b and then confronting them and getting their pic and lisc plate number, or pics and lisc plates as women enter abortion clinics.

Offline presidio

• Soaptree Yucca
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 02:00:06 PM »
lisc plates, be like the uproar when local church groups were standing outside the local titty bar snapping pics of all the patrons and their lisc plates as they drove in and entered the club, or the other religious group taking pics of those that went into liquor stores for the demon beverage.  then posting all of them to the webpage and then tracking down the high value assets of local officials, ministers, educators, etc as they were within their right, they were on public property.  be like me coming out of humpy dumpty and someone didnt like the bumper sticker on my truck and jotted down the lisc plate so he could give me a piece of his mind.  or the more recent example of people buying plan b and then confronting them and getting their pic and lisc plate number, or pics and lisc plates as women enter abortion clinics.

A certain quote about "bliss" comes to mind.  :eusa_clap:
Ed Tom Bell (Tommy Lee Jones): If it ain't, it'll do till the mess gets here.
--No Country for Old Men (2007)

Offline Lance

• Black Bear
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 03:31:15 PM »

Lol, I see it now..

Offline badknees

• Actually, I was there once
  • Mountain Lion
  • I think I know that place
    • Through the Mirror
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 04:28:20 PM »

Lol, I see it now..

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R. Tolkien

Through the Mirror
http://mirrormagic.com

SHANEA

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, 08:22:17 AM »
have no clue as to what u r referring tooo

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!