Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

The Scoop on Pooping

• 71 Replies

Offline RichardM

• Admin/Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mountain Lion
Re: The Scoop on Pooping
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2017, 04:12:11 PM »
And of course, there is an emoji appropriate for this topic.

Offline House Made of Dawn

• www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2YJduDyFA4
  • Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
  • Backpacking since '78, Big Bend since '95.
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2017, 04:21:22 PM »
And of course, there is an emoji appropriate for this topic.

:rolling:
"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts."

Offline waveone

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2018, 11:58:10 PM »
Reading through a few of these threads this one caught my attention  and sort of wish it had not. However as wonderful as BBNP and in fact all of our out doors areas are they are out  of doors wilderness not kitchens pristine chapels or someone's living room.

Human waste like animal waste is biodegradable with speed of degradation  according to climate conditions. Toilet paper is too. So common sense and a small ET of some sort isn't that much weight. It is also a heck of a lot more sanitary than carrying around a soiled towel or using your hand. In all candor that is simply disgusting, unsanitary and completely unnecessary.

Simply employing common sense, exercising some measure of consideration and perhaps a little training or conditioning this issue is quite minor. 

Offline elhombre

• Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2018, 08:02:58 AM »

Simply employing common sense, exercising some measure of consideration and perhaps a little training or conditioning this issue is quite minor. 

That's the spirit!  Sounds like between no camp fires and carrying out your used TP, you're up for a desert adventure that will expand your comfort zone.   :great:
If other countries on the planet want to see America suffer and ultimately destroyed, who are they cheering for right now?  Trump, or the leftist democrats and their media supported hate machine?

Seek out the facts for yourself.  Begin by using Startpage.com,  not google.

May God Bless America!

Offline waveone

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2018, 09:48:09 AM »

That's the spirit!  Sounds like between no camp fires and carrying out your used TP, you're up for a desert adventure that will expand your comfort zone.   :great:

Yes a hike in the desert is absolutely on the docket, because I've never done one of those before except one of the "High Desert" areas in Idaho, on a hunt of course.       

Offline Hookim

• Coyote
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2018, 12:32:58 AM »
This.Thread.is.Hila rious! I'm glad it renewed for two reasons.

One, so I can share my disgusting story.
I hiked up to SW3 on 8/18. Morning of 8/19 I hiked out to the rim then continued on down BC for a full day. Circled back around to SW3 via Colima and SW Rim trail that evening. and between SW2 and SW3 saw 4 pieces of toilet paper and two King Kong turds right there on the edge of the trail not 15 minutes from a latrine. I couldn't believe it. They were not there the night before. I did the right thing and picked up the smeared tp in the "leave it better than you found it" trash bag that I always try to carry on my pack. But, GROSSSS!

I also picked up a cig butt on the BC trail. Meanwhile, there are signs everywhere of high fire danger. Never ceases to amaze me...

Oh, and two - a non-stick gauze pad in the rear area on hikes is very helpful/preventative.

Offline RichardM

• Admin/Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2018, 08:11:02 AM »
This.Thread.is.Hilarious! I'm glad it renewed for two reasons.

I hiked up to SW3 on 8/18. Morning of 8/19 I hiked out to the rim then continued on down BC for a full day. Circled back around to SW3 via Colima and SW Rim trail that evening. and between SW2 and SW3 saw 4 pieces of toilet paper and two King Kong turds right there on the edge of the trail not 15 minutes from a latrine. I couldn't believe it. They were not there the night before. I did the right thing and picked up the smeared tp in the "leave it better than you found it" trash bag that I always try to carry on my pack. But, GROSSSS!

I also picked up a cig butt on the BC trail. Meanwhile, there are signs everywhere of high fire danger. Never ceases to amaze me...

Oh, and two - a non-stick gauze pad in the rear area on hikes is very helpful/preventative.
Maybe Lance was out there.  :rolling:

Offline Hookim

• Coyote
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2018, 07:42:53 PM »

🤣 Hopefully he learned...

• Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2018, 02:28:48 PM »

I'm just now catching up on some of the stuff I missed this summer. Lance's original post was before my time, so I've never seen it before until now. I just had the best laugh I've had all summer. I'm STILL laughing!

Offline Hookim

• Coyote
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2018, 03:39:19 PM »
This is an appropriate place to share one of my favorite comedic bits...

• Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2018, 03:52:48 PM »
Code Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Hookim

• Coyote
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2018, 04:28:36 PM »
Code Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
🤣💩

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!