+- +-

Advertisement

Friends of Big Bend

Friends of Big Bend National Park

Copyright Notice

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

Author Topic: What's the Big Deal?  (Read 48063 times)  

Offline lighter fluid

• Coyote
  • Sitting on the South Rim enjoyin the sunrise.
Re: What's the Big Deal?
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2012, 05:19:42 PM »

Here I am reading St. Augustine's Confessions on that great boulder in Cattail. That is one of my favorite places. I've seen Hinkley's Columbines blooming there and that bigtooth maple brilliant yellow. This picture says it for me. It doesn't have the expansive majesty of the South rim, but it's subtlety immediately relaxes.

Big Bend and St. Augustine's Confessions! It doesn't get much better than that!  :13:
"...There is a pessimism about land which, after it has been with you a long time, becomes merely factual. Men increase; country suffers. " John Graves 'Goodbye to a River'

Online dprather

• Black Bear
Re: What's the Big Deal?
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2012, 01:38:56 PM »
You can challenge yourself in a gym, but not like the challenge you face out on the Dodson.  The combination of stark beauty (not appreciated by everyone) and being responsible for your own well-being (also not widely appreciated) is my Big Bend buzz.
I am a minister of the Gospel, the father of two great sons (who I have not yet coaxed into backpacking) and the husband of the single most patient woman in the world.

Friends of Big Bend

Advertisement