Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Show me the Water, permit #1787

• 1 Replies

Offline elhombre

• Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
Show me the Water, permit #1787
« on: January 26, 2014, 08:24:23 PM »
All right Mr. #1787.  Thanks to ElCheapo, I see that you are going to make
the rounds through the Quemadas for the next 4 days.   If you are on line tonight at your hotel,  (don't see you staying at a campsite tonight).  Please post up any spring info for all us thirsty hikers heading out there in the next few weeks.  You will save my knees and back for another trip when I will HAVE to hump water out there for the family.   Muchas Gracias! and I wish y'all a safe and blessed trip.
For 2 years the Fake News Media, Obama's FBI, CIA & DOJ, and Swamp dwelling Politicians COLLUDED, Illegally Spied,and LIED to America about POTUS in order to overturn an election

All the while demanding censorship and removal of opposition Conservative "hate speech" voices.  Globalists Hate Freedom

Offline Geezer

• Black Bear
Re: Show me the Water, permit #1787
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 09:57:33 PM »
I'm not 1787, but in mid-January, I walked up the unnamed drainage just north of Point 4512 and running west northwest to the Dodson Trail. Stopped at the big pouroff about half a mile south of Dodson Tr. There was plenty of good water much of the way up this draw, though it went underground in spots and did not extend as far as the big pouroff.

Also, of course, plenty of good water in Fresno wash south of Dodson Tr. On the way out, we saw running water in the unnamed first draw crossing Dodson Tr. east of Dodson draw, though we were too far up on the west shoulder of 4608 to get a good look at it. Fresno, Dodson and said unnamed draw are all choked with cat claw. Elephant Tusk Tr. difficult to follow in spots.

Let me know if this isn't clear.

Geezer

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!