Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Chisos Mountain Loop

• 1 Replies

Offline fostej15

• Kangaroo Rat
Chisos Mountain Loop
« on: December 24, 2018, 12:10:09 PM »
Is it possible to do the Chisos mountain loop in one day?  My friends and I have covered the same distance/day in Colorado so I was just seeing how that correlated to Big Bend?  Since the government is shutdown we can get a backcountry camping permit for the OML so we were thinking about doing the Chisos loop instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Big Bend Chat

Offline bacon_on_top

• Kangaroo Rat
Re: Chisos Mountain Loop
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 12:19:10 PM »
Yes, you should be able to cover that much ground at big bend too if you’ve done that much in Colorado. Just keep in mind that the daylight hours are short this time of year, so make sure you have something to light your way and be extra prepared since any help is in limited supply right now

Sent from my iPhone using Big Bend Chat

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!