Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Summer Trip

• 5 Replies

Offline Bluetex

• Diamondback
Summer Trip
« on: April 03, 2008, 04:41:15 PM »
Hey everybody! :icon_biggrin: Its been to long! I have really been neglecting my BiBe chat friends and the Bend itself.... so sorry. On the up side my new job that has pretty much consumed the past year is great! Its been over a year since my last trip and I'm going to try a trip in June. I know it is like an oven in the desert but what are the temps like in the Basin? I've always been to the Bend in the Sring and Fall and don't have any idea of what to expect during the summer. I love the desert but I'm thinking the weather will be a little cooler in the Chisos. Any ideas of temps I could expect.

" In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
                                              Abraham Lincoln

Offline chuckyd

• Coyote
Re: Summer Trip
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 06:17:39 PM »
T4L:

We have been to BB in June the last 3 years running...

Expect the temperture at the Basin to reach the mid to upper 80's at that time of the year.

Offline Bluetex

• Diamondback
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 06:53:30 PM »
T4L:

We have been to BB in June the last 3 years running...

Expect the temperture at the Basin to reach the mid to upper 80's at that time of the year.

Thats what I was hoping for. Cool nights and warm days... Thanks for the info
" In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
                                              Abraham Lincoln

BigBendHiker

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 07:45:53 PM »
Big Bend in June is quite nice.  Our trips are always in the summer (usually June, although one year we had an Aug trip).  Basin temps in the 80's; nights in the 60's.  Plus the park is empty.  800,000 acres to yourself!

BBH

Offline russco

• Black Bear
  • Canyon Addict
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 08:06:18 PM »
We will be in the Bend June 6-10. Last year we were there the end of June and it was about 55 - 85 degrees in the Basin! Absolutely gorgeous weather. We love the summertime in the Chisos! Give us a shout if our dates will concurr.
Carved upon my stone: my body lie but still I ROAM

Offline Bluetex

• Diamondback
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 11:26:54 PM »
Well the trip looks like its going to happen earlier than expected, prob mid may. What is the availibility of Basin campsites like in the middle of may? Anybody ever have trouble finding sites this time o year?
                                              Abraham Lincoln

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!