Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

Cibolo Creek Ranch

• 3 Replies

Offline woodrow

• Jack Rabbit
Cibolo Creek Ranch
« on: July 14, 2013, 07:18:54 PM »
Anybody ever stayed here?  It's pricey but looks awesome.  Just wonder if it might be worth the splurge for a few days.

SHANEA

Re: Cibolo Creek Ranch
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 09:20:30 PM »
Owned by none other than John Poindexter.  Mr. Poindexter and I have had a few gentlemans disagreements over the years - over the sale of a swath of Big Bend Ranch State Park adjacent to Cibolo, under the guises of "TPWD Land Sale - Presidio County".  It didn't happen, fortunately.

I'm sure Cibolo Creeek Ranch is an awesome place if you can afford it, and to give credit it's do, Mr. John Poindexter is known for his good stewardship of his land.  I believe Chisos Muse stayed there long long ago when she was working for AAA as a travel agent.  Maybe she will grace us with her presence and chime in.  You might do a search on the board and see what turns up. 

WOW!  That was my 10,000 post - and what a fitting post it was - bringing up the past trials and travails of the board...   

Thank you Sir David Locke, AKA Casa Grande, for making it all possible so long ago, and thank you for not tossing me off the board as I'm sure you'd have liked to a few times...  but, in all serious, thank you thank you thank you or thank you3  You too RichardM, Homero, Big Bend Hicker, WL2, Chisos Muse, Undertaker, Jim, Mountain Doc Danny, Randell, Tom Alex, Betty Alex, Eric Leonard, Ray52, TWWG, Goldilocks, Jeff Blaylock, Windchime - wow - it's like the academy awards - just too many to thank - and BOBCAT and DUMAS...   Haven't met up with everyone yet in person, still a few holdouts..  Just think, we might still be stuck with that crap board that didn't work 7/10's of the time if it hadn't of been for David Locke and his forward looking momentum.  "And What A Wedding it Was - the definate highlight and high moment of the last 10k posts - dang, it was hard keeping it a secret that all of your loyal friends got you that swell sign board - I do hope it is displayed predominately and brings a smile to your face".   Thank you to all of my buddies and buddetts on BBC for making it all possible.  Done a lot of good things on the board in the last 10,000 posts, and this was just one of them "Land Sale Presidio County - now, that was a definite call to arms".   There has been many others, Christmas Mountains and the one that wants to be the next Lt. Governor, Jerry Patterson.  Had an opportunity to meet up with him, unfortunately I couldn't make it due to work commitments. 

Looking ahead, Chinanti Mountains and keeping what TPWD has.  Be nice if we could do something about the state sporting goods sales tax..  Oh, let us not forget the Devils River - another call to arms that we won...  Feels good to be on the winning team.

Ok, that's it, move along now... 

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 09:36:33 PM by SHANEA »

Offline Lance

• Golden Eagle
  • Black Bear
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 08:21:51 PM »
Great job on 10,000 posts Shane!!

Offline steelfrog

• Mountain Lion
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 11:21:49 AM »
I'd like to stay here as well...

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2018 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!