Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Cowhead Ranch

• 3 Replies

Offline singingmom65

• Kangaroo Rat
Cowhead Ranch
« on: November 17, 2008, 12:55:07 PM »
My family and I were just at the Cowhead Ranch a few weeks ago. It was such a memorable experience that we can still name all the doggies and the  horses we rode by name. They've got hook-ups and stables for folks travelling with horses and RVs but for the regular folks who watched City Slickers a few too many times, they've got gentle horses like Pete and Barbarosa.Cowboy Chris and Rita along with Sonny and Bill showed us a mighty fine time. Cowboy Chris can sing AND make homemade biscuits over an open fire. Now THAT'S what I call luxury!!! And the view of the 9 points Mesa is absolutely amazing. Now that I'm back home it's the place I go to  in my heart on those days when nothing seems to work right. Now, if you're looking for a ranch -like hotel or B&B, this may not be for you. But if you want a real wild west experience, you'll feel right at home in the bunk house or having a drink in the saloon.  The outhouse is modern and well- kept with none of those "outhousey" smells and the shower has the hottest water and the best water pressure for miles around. In the middle of the desert, you can really appreciate that! All in all, I can't wait to get back. Too bad we live thousands of miles away in Switzerland. But I've got a 4 year old that won't stop talking about the place so we'll have to start planning our return trip. Chris, y'all keep a light on fer us!!

Offline Casa Grande

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Mountain Lion
  • Bending It Since 1991
    • Virtual Big Bend
Re: Cowhead Ranch
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 04:05:34 PM »
awesome time!  Any pics?

Offline Voni

• Diamondback
    • Voni and Paul
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 07:51:28 PM »
Live deeply, laugh fully, love widely
Terlingua, TX

http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
   photo site:  http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a326/VoniGlaves/

Offline beemerchef

• Spirit's Chauffeur
  • Black Bear
  • We are real Bender...
    • The Oasis of my Soul
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 12:42:17 PM »
Thanks for the report! We live 3 miles away and since I do not have facilities to harbor anyone yet I am sending them there... Voni, thank you also for reminding me of them...

Where are you in Switzerland? I spend 3 years in Glion sur Montreux at the Culinary School... graduated... (shhhhhhh...) 40 years ago!

Be well, let us know when you come back... we will visit!

Ara & Spirit
www.theoasisofmysou l.com

A Lifelong Journey on the road....

All Photos available on:

http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!