Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Quirly and INteresting Recommendation Needed

• 4 Replies

Online dprather

• Mountain Lion
Quirly and INteresting Recommendation Needed
« on: October 22, 2019, 11:49:43 PM »
Lord willing, the most patient woman in the world and I will go to BBNP next week.  Our plans include a day-long boomerang up and back into Santa Elan Canyon in our kayaks.  I'll also do a solo day hike on Chimneys Trail (I have not done that before).

She insists on stargazing, lunch over in Boquillas, dinner at the Starlight, and at least hiking Grapevine Hills (please don't thrown me in those briar patches).

I'd like to find a nice but interesting, maybe even quirky, but not bank-breaking place to stay for a few nights.  I assume that there might be some of those around.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Leave "quit" at the car.  Embrace the trail as your friend.  Expect to enjoy yourself, and to be amazed.

Offline alan in shreveport

• Golden Eagle
  • Black Bear
  • Guinness is Good for You
Re: Quirly and INteresting Recommendation Needed
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 06:40:22 AM »
Have you checked out the website for Big Bend Holiday Hotel in Terlingua ?

Offline roadtrip

• Roadrunner
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 03:46:30 PM »
Lord willing, the most patient woman in the world and I will go to BBNP next week.  Our plans include a day-long boomerang up and back into Santa Elan Canyon in our kayaks.  I'll also do a solo day hike on Chimneys Trail (I have not done that before).

She insists on stargazing, lunch over in Boquillas, dinner at the Starlight, and at least hiking Grapevine Hills (please don't thrown me in those briar patches).

I'd like to find a nice but interesting, maybe even quirky, but not bank-breaking place to stay for a few nights.  I assume that there might be some of those around.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I can't help you with ideas but I'm really interested in seeing how the boomarang trip into the canyon goes. I was going to do that next week after done packpacking but I didn't want to leave my canoe on top of my car unattended while I backpack a few days.

Offline iCe

• Random Pixel Generator
  • Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
    • Wild Light Imaging Studio
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 04:35:51 PM »
I stayed at the Mansion once. That was interesting. I don't recall what it cost.

Offline Owl

• Roadrunner
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 08:11:33 AM »
This place looks interesting albeit a bit pricey for me. 

https://www.willowhouse.co/

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!