Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Wildhorse Station in Study Butte/Terlingua and Marathon Motel

• 2 Replies

Offline Catman

• Kangaroo Rat
Have driven by so, so many times.  Finally decided it was about time to check it out.  Stayed in Cabin #1 last week.  2 Bedrooms, Bath, Full Kitchen.  Great views and priced right.  Friends stayed in #2, basically a trailer home.  Owner Louise, has been here for 30 years or so and is a wonderful soul.  6 units total from $60 to $80 on side of Wildhorse Mountain facing west. 

Marathon Motel instead of The Gage.  Driving in from Houston, we have always made The Gage our first night stop, but as it has become more "touristy" I was looking for something new.  Marathon Motel is a perfect change.  Very nice cabins, quiet and peacful after a hard days drive.  Highly recommend.

Offline Roy

• Mountain Lion
  • We're going' up around the Bend - J. Fogerty, 1970
Re: Wildhorse Station in Study Butte/Terlingua and Marathon Motel
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 09:43:08 PM »
Agree with your opinions oboth places, Catman.  Although I like a meal at the Gage now and then, even if it is overpriced.

And welcome to BB Chat.

Offline Goldilocks

• Golden Eagle
  • Black Bear
Re: Wildhorse Station in Study Butte/Terlingua and Marathon Motel
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 09:45:26 PM »
I have heard great things about both places.  Thank you for your endorsement!  One of these days, I would like to stay at the Marathon Motel. It looks very comfortable for the price.  I have stayed at the Easter Egg Motel in Terlingua and it is very clean but Wild Horse looks interesting as well. 

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!