Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Senator John Cornyns response to my repeated emails on the shutdown

• 1 Replies

Offline jim2

• jim2
  • Mountain Lion

Thank You For Contacting My Office
Inbox
x

Senator Cornyn <SenateWebmail@cornyn.senate.gov>
8:04 AM (31 minutes ago)
to me

Dear shut down

Thank you for contacting me regarding the current operations of the federal government. I understand the importance of funding programs that support our national defense and protect our borders, and I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this important matter.

A partial federal government shutdown creates further uncertainty and instability in the economy. I am eager to end the partial shutdown and move ahead with the fiscal and economic reforms our country so urgently needs.

In 2018, Congress enacted five appropriations bills that provide funding for 75 percent of the federal government agencies in Fiscal Year 2019, including the Departments of Defense, Energy, Labor, Health and Human Services, among others. However, on December 22, 2018, funding for certain federal agencies lapsed due to disagreements over funding levels for important border security priorities, resulting in a partial federal government shutdown.

I share the frustrations of many Texans, and I will continue to work with my colleagues on a path forward to end this partial shutdown. It is my hope that an agreement can be reached quickly to reopen the all federal agencies, while strengthening security at our nationís borders.

I am honored to represent Texas in the United States Senate, and I will keep your views in mind as the appropriations process moves forward. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN

United States Senator

Offline rocketman

• Off-Grid Space Cadet
  • Diamondback
Re: Senator John Cornyns response to my repeated emails on the shutdown
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 12:12:52 PM »
What question(s) was he responding to? His response seems to be extremely vague, as if you asked for the briefest synopsis of the general cause and effect possible.
Making ice cubes FROM THE SUN!!!

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!