Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Summary of 2013

• 2 Replies

Offline iCe

• Random Pixel Generator
  • Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
    • Wild Light Imaging Studio
Summary of 2013
« on: January 08, 2014, 05:56:09 AM »
The following soundless slide show covers most of my 2013 travels (and a new grandson). I hope 2014 is better but I don't know how that will happen  :)  2013 was a great year for photography. Onward thru the fog

Offline mule ears

• Administrator
  • Mountain Lion
  • "He had to leave Texas but won't say why" McMurtry
    • 40 years of walking
Re: Summary of 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 06:48:57 AM »
Sweet!  Looks like you got around a lot west and east.  Thanks.
temperatures exceed 100 degrees F
minimum 1 gallon water per person/day
no shade, no water
http://40yearsofwalking.wordpress.com/

Offline iCe

• Random Pixel Generator
  • Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
    • Wild Light Imaging Studio
Re: Summary of 2013
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 07:13:49 AM »
Sweet!  Looks like you got around a lot west and east.  Thanks.

I managed to go to the Outer Banks in Feb, the Four Corners for 2 weeks, and a week in Death Valley with my 4x5 film stuff. Oh... and 6 trips to Big Bend... though some of them were very short trips. 3 times to the South Rim and back... not a bad year at all.

I had grand plans to spend a day in the Smokey Mountains (on the way back from a job site in Ohio) but my daughter called to tell me our German Shepherd had been killed. I was about 60 miles out. Me and Doggie were close... liked to have killed me to hear my daughter  crying and know my buddy wasn't going to be there when I got home... still does actually... so I reset the GPS to Home... it was one of the worst 2 day drive of my life... Anyway... the smokies will have to wait for a trip to West Virginia / Ohio in 2014

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!