Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

T-Shirt Contest Poll

• 103 Replies

Offline presidio

• Soaptree Yucca
  • Mountain Lion
Re: logo
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 12:24:29 AM »
Quote from: "SHANEA"
Only one vote really counts.  Casa Grande's vote is the only vote that counts.   8)  8)

So, we have a chatocracy?
Ed Tom Bell (Tommy Lee Jones): If it ain't, it'll do till the mess gets here.
--No Country for Old Men (2007)

Offline Jim

• Black Bear
  • Visiting BBNP since 1975
T-Shirt Contest Poll
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 06:37:28 AM »
Since David's footing the bill, so to speak, maybe he ought to break the tie with what he wants on his T-shirts.

"It's good to be the King"... some Mel Brooks movie.

Or maybe we can keep this going and count chads later!

Offline 10ftTall&BulletPrf

• Black Bear
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 08:22:12 AM »
Quote from: "presidio"

I feel disenfranchised by the system!

COUNT THE CHAD! COUNT THE CHAD! :D

The more I think about my Crockett rewrite, the more the Texan in me likes it.
"You may all go to work and I will go to Big Bend" - If Davy Crockett were alive today.

• Black Bear
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 08:24:24 AM »

But, if mine wins, then its good to see that the system works.  :wink:
"You may all go to work and I will go to Big Bend" - If Davy Crockett were alive today.

Offline Jim

• Black Bear
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 08:26:07 AM »
Quote from: "10ftTall&BulletPrf"

I feel disenfranchised by the system!

COUNT THE CHAD! COUNT THE CHAD! :D

Maybe it's a chadocracy

Offline Casa Grande

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Mountain Lion
  • Bending It Since 1991
    • Virtual Big Bend
Re: T-Shirt Contest Poll
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2006, 08:55:40 AM »
Quote from: "David Locke"
Here are the nominations:

"Bend It Like Maxwell" -Jim
"You may all go to work and I will go to Big Bend!" - 10ftTall&BulletPrf
"Lions and Javelinas and Bears? Oh My !!" - Woodrow
"Did you happen to see a (the) Lost Mine ?" -jim2
"Big Bend -- the last 800,000 acres of the Wild West!" - BigBendHiker
"Big Bend, where the wild things are!" -jim jr
"Big Bend, The Outback...Texas-style" -DavidW
"My God, it's full of stars." -ShaneA
"See you 'round the Bend." -AL

Offline DavidW

• Black Bear
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2006, 09:10:58 AM »
Quote from: "SHANEA"
Only one vote really counts.  This is just an exercise to make you think that this is a Democracy.

Of course, in our own democratic system, when there is a tie in the U.S. Senate the Vice President gets to cast the tie-breaking vote.

David - If you chose to do this (excercise your inherent right as "King") we would in no way equate you with Tricky Dick Chaney. :P
David

Offline DavidW

• Black Bear
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2006, 09:12:40 AM »
Quote from: "DavidW"
Tricky duck Chaney. :P

How funny!!! The expletive-catching software chanced D_ick to duck. :lol:
David

Offline Doc Savage

• Diamondback
  • Ready to see BIBE again
T-Shirt Contest Poll
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 09:55:01 AM »
well that was tough, Almost came down to a coin toss betwee 3-4 that I really liked.

Robert
Enjoying the Texas life!

Offline DavidW

• Black Bear
T-Shirt Contest Poll
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 10:08:29 AM »
My constituents will be filing a lawsuit in federal court in the morning seeking an injunction in this election and demanding a recount of the votes. This is to ensure that all votes cast were from registered voters and that no illegal aliens or women had voted. Oh wait...we gave women the vote, didn't we? Sorry Musey and TG. :P
David

• Black Bear
T-Shirt Contest Poll
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 10:13:17 AM »
As with any good American election...

Even before the polls have closed and all votes are in, I would like to be the first to declare myself the winner based on exit polling numbers.
 :D

Offline DavidW

• Black Bear
BREAKING NEWS
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 10:28:56 AM »
Breaking News.........CNN is now reporting that there is widespread rioting in the streets of Weatherford, Texas due to the "in question" potential outcome of the vote.

An inside source of the DavidW campaign, speaking on condition of annonymity, said, "We have serious questions regarding the counting of the votes. Our campaign has a source, that has a source, that has a source, that says that ballots with hanging chads were not counted." he further added, "We have contacted the Reverend Jesse Jackson with this information and he has agreed to make an appearance at a rally in Weatherford to call for an immediate and full accounting of the votes." Another senior advisor in the DavidW campaign said that the Reverend Al Sharpton may make an appearance as well.
David

Offline DavidW

• Black Bear
bin Laden sighting....
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2006, 10:54:05 AM »
Breaking News..........There are unconfirmed reports coming from the Austin area of a sighting of Osama bin Laden.

A senior official in the DavidW camp was asked if they suspected terrorist involvement in the sabotage of the T-Shirt Poll vote. The senior official was quoted as saying, "We have heard those reports, but have no comment at this time." he further added, "We just want all the votes to count. The people need to be heard on this issue. Power to the people!"
David

Offline DavidW

• Black Bear
Re: bin Laden sighting....
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2006, 11:06:08 AM »
Quote from: "DavidW"
A senior official in the DavidW camp was asked if they suspected terrorist involvement in the sabotage of the T-Shirt Poll vote.

Calls have been made to the CIA, FBI and Department of Homeland Security regarding the issue of possible terrorist involvement in the sabotaging of the vote. In all three cases the response was, "We can not comfirm nor deny that at this time."

An unnamed source from within the DavidW campaign has been quoted as saying, "It appears that there may have been a cover-up."
David

Offline Jim

• Black Bear
T-Shirt Contest Poll
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2006, 11:07:04 AM »
David Boise of BOIES, SCHILLER & FLEXNER LLP, after distancing himself from his involvement in the ongoing SCO vs IBM case, has been retained in anticipation of a prolonged legal battle between the Leftists and those on (in?) the Right.  Intoning the ghost of Davey Crocket, some of whom deem to be a true Texas hero while others declare him as the original illegal immigrant, Boise cast aspersions on the Hollywood crowd with vague movie references ("Bend what?) and a quote from Chad Stewart from "Chad & Jeremy" fame:

"Not my favorite thing to do, really"

He seemed satisfied when told that the case was not about Chad Stewart, but about that country in Africa south of Libya, but asked "There's a country hanging?"

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!