Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Carlsbad or guadalupe, any campgrounds, etc

• 1 Replies

Offline mr&mrstigerwrangler

• Roadrunner
Carlsbad or guadalupe, any campgrounds, etc
« on: April 14, 2019, 02:53:40 PM »
So normally i do big bend and have done the Guadalupe peak but this time we have to do smaller hikes because i had a bad behind the knee injury so gotta get outta the city and set myself right again.  We will be gone for 3-4 days during this time. next Sunday yeah.  Big bend seems a little hot right now and ive been in the house so much not good with the heat yet.  So we are looking at Carlsbad at this moment but could do Guadalupe area also.  Carlsbad doesn't seem to have a place to sleep though.  Not seeing any campground so Im a little concerned with the sleeping arrangements and don't want to drive 40 minutes away to sleep unless you all know a place possibly closer.  If anyone has ideas for 3-4 days please let me know.   

Offline miatarchy04

• Jack Rabbit
Re: Carlsbad or guadalupe, any campgrounds, etc
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 03:08:58 PM »
There is a motel in White's City, just outside the Carlsbad entrance. It is very much of the "economy" type. Not sure if that's what you want. Primitive camping is available in backcountry  per the website.

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!