Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

The Davis Mountains are green!

• 2 Replies

Offline lparent

• Coyote
    • http://www.laurenceparent.com
« on: September 03, 2010, 08:26:18 AM »
I just got back last night from the Davis Mountains and an extended trip to Colorado.  I haven't been down to Big Bend the last few months--too hot for this boy--but I have been out in the Davis and Guadalupe Mountains several times this summer.  The Davis Mountains are still getting a lot of rain and are really green.  Plus the temps are quite pleasant with lows around 60 at night.  Today's supposed to be even cooler with a front coming through.  So if you're not ready for the heat at Big Bend, give the Davis or Guadalupe mountains a try.  After I get them processed in a week or two, I'll try to post a few Davis Mountains photos.

Offline SA Bill

• Mountain Lion
Re: The Davis Mountains are green!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 09:41:46 AM »
Yep...very nice in the Davis Mts!! Arrived yesterday after the front went through. Very still and oh so clear last night. Tonight is devoted to telescope time up on Skyline Drive!! The Big Bend Balloon Bash this morning was nice! Going back to DMSP to rest up for tonight...after I hit Front Street Books in Alpine to pick up a copy of Death In Big Bend to read over the next few days. 
   Posted from the McDonalds next to Sul Ross campus in Alpine.
     Living the big sky life,
       Bill
Bill - In San Antonio

Growing old is mandatory.
Growing up is optional.

Offline iCe

• Random Pixel Generator
  • Golden Eagle
  • Mountain Lion
    • Wild Light Imaging Studio
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »
Cool. I got lucky got a room in the Basin. I'm looking forward to the cool wx

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!