Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Big Bend on the Web / Re: Recent Backcountry Campsite Robbery
« Last post by dprather on Today at 12:05:48 AM »
I just know those guys targeted my jeep for a fun run.

Ummm...that was not a fun run, but a low pass.

A fun run would have been accompanied by the braaaaaap of the 30mm Gatling cannon.

I hope they save some braaaaaaaap for the Zetas, and etc.
« Last post by presidio on October 17, 2018, 09:59:11 PM »
I just know those guys targeted my jeep for a fun run.

Ummm...that was not a fun run, but a low pass.

A fun run would have been accompanied by the braaaaaap of the 30mm Gatling cannon.
« Last post by dprather on October 17, 2018, 08:37:41 PM »
A-10ís with the spooky faces. Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Big Bend Chat

The most amazingly loud rumble EVER - I can still feel it.
« Last post by House Made of Dawn on October 17, 2018, 06:21:06 PM »
That never occurred to me. Thanks, Wigfall!

« Last post by wigfall on October 17, 2018, 06:00:58 PM »

...Cross-Border raiders: if this happened, don't you think the Falcones would know it by now and would have perhaps already taken matters into their own hands?  The Falcone's rice bowl is a tidy little border with no hint of troubles that might scare Yankee dollars away from Boquillas.  I can't imagine them standing quietly by and letting some fool mess things up for them (unless the raiders were bored Mexican soldiers from the tiny little army base near Boquillas)...

Hmmmm, the area south of Domungues trail head is in Chihuahua(Sinaloa, La Linea), the Falcons are in Coahuila(Zetas) and they hold not that much influence in even San Vicente and definitley not that far from Boq and that close to Sante Elena.  Different cartel JeFe's in charge on the Dominguiz side/ and the area is disputed between the MX droga peeps
« Last post by House Made of Dawn on October 17, 2018, 05:08:06 PM »
A-10ís with the spooky faces. Yikes.

« Last post by dprather on October 17, 2018, 04:29:59 PM »
Once (late 70's) I was desert 4-wheeling in southern Arizona.  All of a suddenly the noise and tremors of the end of days came  over me.  I looked up and it was two A-10s flying low over me in perfect tandem.  I caught a look just in time to wave and the nearest pilot waved back.  A.W.E.S.O.M.E.  I just know those guys targeted my jeep for a fun run.
« Last post by House Made of Dawn on October 17, 2018, 03:51:37 PM »
You left out one possibility.    :helicopter:

Of course - a practice Black-op in preparation for a precision attack against a Bedouin camp.

Oh, wonderful. Now I'm worried about being used as a Hellfire target next time I'm out there all by myself.
« Last post by presidio on October 17, 2018, 02:56:56 PM »
Now the question: is it is a justified shooting if you shoot someone in your house trying to steal your stuff?  The government recognizes your tent as a house, and because you rent the space for your tent via the permit fee, the law is required to get a warrant to search your tent.  Is it a justifiable shooting if you drop the SOB stealing your stuff out of your tent?  If they steal your water, are they not threatening your life?  Guess it will come down to the jury.....

It all comes down to what is articulated about an incident, supported (or not) by whatever evidence is collectible.

« Last post by dprather on October 17, 2018, 02:23:54 PM »
You left out one possibility.    :helicopter:

Of course - a practice Black-op in preparation for a precision attack against a Bedouin camp.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2018 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!