Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

 2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!


23and 24 june tour to desert cuesta malena, tunel end ranch

  • 35 Replies
  • 11500 Views
*

SHANEA

  • Guest
Make No Mistake...
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 01:00:51 PM »
Quote from: "bdann"
according to the weather station, 107 at 10:50am this morning, RGV.  wind speed = 0mph.  ick.  
seems like that almost has to be a mistake, with several more heating hours left in the day!


Make no mistake, here behind the Pine Curtain of Deep East Texas it was over 80 this morning @ 7:45am...  Hot, Humid, Sticky, and full of mosquitoes.

*

Offline jaime1

  • Coyote
  • *
  • 178
23and 24 june tour to desert cuesta malena, tunel end ranch
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 02:04:29 PM »
is perfect.........jaj aja to homero.

*

Offline homerboy2u

  • The Chipewa Cris tribe,Canada:
  • Mountain Lion
  • *
  • 5103
23and 24 june tour to desert cuesta malena, tunel end ranch
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 06:41:32 PM »
Quote from: "jaime1"
is perfect.........jaj aja to homero.


I am going to BOIL down there :!: ..... :cry:  :roll:  :D
Stay thirsty, my friends.

*

Offline jaime1

  • Coyote
  • *
  • 178
23and 24 june tour to desert cuesta malena, tunel end ranch
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2007, 12:31:15 PM »
PHOTO. NEXT ROUTE............

*

Offline 01ACRViper

  • Mountain Lion
  • *
  • 1173
    • GRB Photography
23and 24 june tour to desert cuesta malena, tunel end ranch
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 02:41:48 PM »
well Homero.... the job i had lined up fell through today, so i am free this weekend. is it still a possibility to come on this trip?  :oops:

*

Offline homerboy2u

  • The Chipewa Cris tribe,Canada:
  • Mountain Lion
  • *
  • 5103
23and 24 june tour to desert cuesta malena, tunel end ranch
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 06:25:32 PM »
Quote from: "01ACRViper"
well Homero.... the job i had lined up fell through today, so i am free this weekend. is it still a possibility to come on this trip?  :oops:


 Are you kidding me Viper?...ofcourse, you are more than welcomed !!!.
 We leave from Acu?a , this friday at 5 pm , headed for a Ranch along the Sierra del Burro, as soon as we have breakfast saturday morning, we are haeding towards Ejido Carranza and meet the folks from Sabinas 4x4. BTW, there are some folks who ar tagging along from Monterrey, Tampico , Sabinas and the surroundings as well.

 The invitation has been posted so every one who is interested can come.

 Just make sure of the following:
* Every vehicle should be self sufficient
* Check your vehicle mechanically,suspension and tires. Double check the last two.
* Try and bring with yourself as much water as possible. Remember: no showers , roads,rangers,restaurants until we reach Muzquiz, again.
* I am looking forward to this trip, since i have posted so much from other friends who have given me their pictures but never been myself. So i am eager.
* If you don?t abuse your vehicle, you should be able to overcome all obstacles the back roads should throw us.
* i think you have a nice 4x4. Jeep Cherokee, you should be more than able to go back and forth with us.
* I wish there would be more folks to take a step forward and get this rare opportunity to see the mexican side for themselves.
* there will be over 650 kilometers of back road that we will travel. Try and over plan for fuel consumption.
* All vehicles should be readily stocked with food for the trip. ( Friday, Saturday and Sunday). We should be getting to Piedras Negras or Cd. Acu?a, which ever suits you best to cross over to the states on Sunday the 24th.

 If interested, please PM me and will give you the details.

Homero
Stay thirsty, my friends.

*

SHANEA

  • Guest
Must be a Sign...
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 07:14:36 PM »
Quote from: "01ACRViper"
well Homero.... the job i had lined up fell through today, so i am free this weekend. is it still a possibility to come on this trip?  :oops:


Must be a sign - sign post up ahead, go, just do it.  Go for it...

*

Offline homerboy2u

  • The Chipewa Cris tribe,Canada:
  • Mountain Lion
  • *
  • 5103
Re: Must be a Sign...
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 10:08:11 PM »
Quote from: "SHANEA"
Quote from: "01ACRViper"
well Homero.... the job i had lined up fell through today, so i am free this weekend. is it still a possibility to come on this trip?  :oops:


Must be a sign - sign post up ahead, go, just do it.  Go for it...


 Man  :!: , i thought you were going to be first in line ,  Bro  :!:  :!:  :!:

 Casagrande is more than excused...with  Junior just born and all. Anymore takers :?: ...Mr. Moderator :?:
Stay thirsty, my friends.

*

SHANEA

  • Guest
Re: Must be a Sign...
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 11:09:09 PM »
Quote from: "homerboy2u2"

 Man  :!: , i thought you were going to be first in line ,  Bro  :!:  :!:  :!:

 Casagrande is more than excused...with  Junior just born and all. Anymore takers :?: ...Mr. Moderator :?:


If it was this time last year I'd be right there with you, as long as you could find me room in someones vehicle!  Extremely fortunately I'm employed now with zero vacation until at least October.  Otherwise, it would be "do you want fries with that or would you like to super size that order?"  :cool:   Oh well, I did have a 9-10 month "vacation" with many visits out west.    :D   Plus, if everything goes according to plan I'll have 4 months of vacation a year from now on and if things go really well, every day will be a vacation day...

*

Offline 01ACRViper

  • Mountain Lion
  • *
  • 1173
    • GRB Photography
23and 24 june tour to desert cuesta malena, tunel end ranch
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2007, 11:35:14 PM »
i knew you had to work Shane, but if ANYONE else wants to go, i have a passenger seat that needs filling ( and gas that could stand to be split :lol: )

its gonna be a blast and a rare chance to see this nearby but hard to get to corner of the world

*

Offline RichardM

  • Admin/Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mountain Lion
  • *
  • 7618
Re: Must be a Sign...
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 09:05:17 AM »
Quote from: "homerboy2u2"
Quote from: "SHANEA"
Quote from: "01ACRViper"
well Homero.... the job i had lined up fell through today, so i am free this weekend. is it still a possibility to come on this trip?  :oops:


Must be a sign - sign post up ahead, go, just do it.  Go for it...


 Man  :!: , i thought you were going to be first in line ,  Bro  :!:  :!:  :!:

 Casagrande is more than excused...with  Junior just born and all. Anymore takers :?: ...Mr. Moderator :?:

Um, yeah....I'd need to bring along enough stuff to stay for a while, cuz my wife probably wouldn't let me come home!  :oops:  Thanks for the offer.  Sounds like it'll be quite an adventure.

*

Offline homerboy2u

  • The Chipewa Cris tribe,Canada:
  • Mountain Lion
  • *
  • 5103
23and 24 june tour to desert cuesta malena, tunel end ranch
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 10:35:37 PM »
Quote from: "01ACRViper"
i knew you had to work Shane, but if ANYONE else wants to go, i have a passenger seat that needs filling ( and gas that could stand to be split :lol: )

its gonna be a blast and a rare chance to see this nearby but hard to get to corner of the world


 Viper..we are trying to reach you , Man. You need to answer your PM's and Emails.
 

 Should you be having second thoughts, just let us know: We don't want to be worried that your coming ...
Stay thirsty, my friends.

*

Offline homerboy2u

  • The Chipewa Cris tribe,Canada:
  • Mountain Lion
  • *
  • 5103
23and 24 june tour to desert cuesta malena, tunel end ranch
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2007, 09:47:45 AM »
Well my trip date is getting nearer: This Friday 22nd.  I am eager and nervous at the same time, why?.

 Simple: Eager : because i finally get a chance to go to one of the farthest places in Coahuila, completely isolated from every one and at the same time very interesting because i will get the opportunity to go and see many places such as the la Linda Bridge, The church, the Dupont Industrial complex (abandoned) , the 4 Palmas mine, the La Tinaja ecotourist ranch in La Linda (which i never knew it existed) , and the road to La Linda from Cd. Acu?a which encompasses the outskirts of Serrania del Burro. of course i have NOT added The Cuesta de Malena, The Sierra de Santa Rosa Tunnel and more variety than time can permit me.

Nervous: Because my mind is messing with me  :nailbitting: ,since i am going to a place very far from any place i have been before. Eventhough there are many 4x4 vehicles that are tagging along, it is still a very isolated place to go and the risk of the unknown is always present with me.

 Again, all my 4x4 trails have been exited. Almost always i get the goose bumps before i go, and i think it is normal to feel this way. I bet Jaime01 is reading this and laughing his socks off  :roflmao: ...maybe i should too....Aaaaahhh, what the hell  :!: . I should just think positive and go with the rest of the guys. I know  Megalo77 is tagging along and will show us the trip of a lifetime..i should just clam up :!:  :-#
Stay thirsty, my friends.

*

Offline bdann

  • Creosote
  • Mountain Lion
  • *
  • 1863
23and 24 june tour to desert cuesta malena, tunel end ranch
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 10:14:28 AM »
Homero, you guys have fun and be safe.  We're all eagerly awaiting the trip report and lots of photos!
WATER, It does a body good.

*

Offline Casa Grande

  • Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Mountain Lion
  • *
  • 6253
  • Bending It Since 1991
    • Virtual Big Bend
23and 24 june tour to desert cuesta malena, tunel end ranch
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2007, 10:48:43 AM »
Quote from: "homerboy2u2"
Well my trip date is getting nearer: This Friday 22nd.  I am eager and nervous at the same time, why?.

 Simple: Eager : because i finally get a chance to go to one of the farthest places in Coahuila, completely isolated from every one and at the same time very interesting because i will get the opportunity to go and see many places such as the la Linda Bridge, The church, the Dupont Industrial complex (abandoned) , the 4 Palmas mine, the La Tinaja ecotourist ranch in La Linda (which i never knew it existed) , and the road to La Linda from Cd. Acu?a which encompasses the outskirts of Serrania del Burro. of course i have NOT added The Cuesta de Malena, The Sierra de Santa Rosa Tunnel and more variety than time can permit me.

Nervous: Because my mind is messing with me  :nailbitting: ,since i am going to a place very far from any place i have been before. Eventhough there are many 4x4 vehicles that are tagging along, it is still a very isolated place to go and the risk of the unknown is always present with me.

 Again, all my 4x4 trails have been exited. Almost always i get the goose bumps before i go, and i think it is normal to feel this way. I bet Jaime01 is reading this and laughing his socks off  :roflmao: ...maybe i should too....Aaaaahhh, what the hell  :!: . I should just think positive and go with the rest of the guys. I know  Megalo77 is tagging along and will show us the trip of a lifetime..i should just clam up :!:  :-#


god speed amigo...be safe and looking forward to your return

 


©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

 2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Powered by EzPortal

Facebook Comments