Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Boquillas crossing

• 18 Replies

Offline kevint

• Golden Eagle
  • Black Bear
    • Pictures
Re: Boquillas crossing
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 08:22:22 AM »
I would also like to find a way to confirm this.  Rawles, any idea where to follow up on this.  Where did you find the information.
-- Kevin (W5KLT)

"It's not an adventure until something goes wrong."  --Yvon Chouinard

Offline Voni

• Diamondback
    • Voni and Paul
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 09:03:27 AM »
It's my understanding that a valid passport with our without chip will work.

Voni
  sMiling
Live deeply, laugh fully, love widely
Terlingua, TX

http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
   photo site:  http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a326/VoniGlaves/

Offline brave6

• Coyote
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 12:57:32 PM »
I've also seen mention of a bridge being built, but never heard this from rangers or the park volunteers we ran into in Boot Canyon at the beginning of January.  Word was they would be furnishing new boats to replace the old dinged up thing that used to carry you across.

I remember upsetting a few Mexican concessionaires in both Boquillas and Santa Elena by hoping rocks in the Rio to cross.  I'm a cheapskate...

Offline homerboy2u

• The Chipewa Cris tribe,Canada:
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 01:09:18 PM »
Presidio, was very good at researching to find where both governments could draw the lines of jurisdiction (too bad he chose not to post anymore)....he never posted pictures too  ;).

Walking along the edge of the river, stomping the Riparian vegetation, waliking some steps on the U.S. side, leaving your dirty BVD's in the back....... :ecomcity:.. :ecomcity:.. :ecomcity:.. :ecomcity:

So many questions and technicalities to be resolved. All of them, should be answered when the day comes.
Stay thirsty, my friends.

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!