Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

BOBCAT's PRELIM TRIP PLAN?

• 10 Replies

SHANEA

« on: March 17, 2006, 08:39:06 AM »
Bobcat, you have not filed a preliminary trip report schedule, proposed action plan, for the groups approval.  Just like you file a flight plan before you take off, you must file a BBNP plan before any trips are blessed.   :lol:

BigBendHiker

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 10:03:45 AM »
Shanea...I have a trip planned for this summer...I presume I must have the trip plan filed before departure? :o

Offline Bobcat

• Mountain Lion
Re: BOBCAT's PRELIM TRIP PLAN?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 10:21:10 AM »
Quote from: "SHANEA"
Bobcat, you have not filed a preliminary trip report schedule, proposed action plan, for the groups approval.  Just like you file a flight plan before you take off, you must file a BBNP plan before any trips are blessed.   :lol:

Well. Your right, Shane.  A major oversight on my part. So, here's the plan:

First, get to the Bender. Upon arrival, do a short dance o celebration.  That can't be too long for obvious reasons.  On the way to the Basin, pull over and do a day hike on some nice looking rock structure.  Then a quicke stop at PJ  HQ and then on to a reserved spot in the Basin.  After first night could be camping anywhere. Day 2, wing it.  Day 3, wing it, Day 4 to Marathon to meet a friend, Day 5, wing it,  Day 6, wing it....I think you probably get the picture.  Now, how does that sound for a great trip plan :?:
Location Location Location

SHANEA

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 10:50:37 AM »
Quote from: "BigBendHiker"
Shanea...I have a trip planned for this summer...I presume I must have the trip plan filed before departure? :o

That is correct.  Since I now own BBNP I require trip plans to be filed and approved.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

SHANEA

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 10:53:10 AM »
Quote from: "Bobcat"

YOUR TRIP PLAN IS APPROVED-SHANEA

Please print this out and present @ the entrace to BBNP for admission and confirmation of approval.  This is your boarding pass.   :lol:

Offline Bobcat

• Mountain Lion
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 11:57:44 AM »
Quote from: "SHANEA"

YOUR TRIP PLAN IS APPROVED-SHANEA

Please print this out and present @ the entrace to BBNP for admission and confirmation of approval.  This is your boarding pass.   :lol:

Yeah! I will! Thanks, Shane!!! I can only hope the gatekeepers are aware of the new ownership of the Bender!!!

BigBendHiker

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 04:44:16 PM »
Shanea...will have my trip plan on your desk at 0800 hours, one week prior to my departure.  It will, of course, be stamped, TOP SECRET, as I will be looking for Bobcat's secret cave on this expedition.

BBH

Offline Bobcat

• Mountain Lion
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 07:39:51 PM »
Quote from: "BigBendHiker"
Shanea...will have my trip plan on your desk at 0800 hours, one week prior to my departure.  It will, of course, be stamped, TOP SECRET, as I will be looking for Bobcat's secret cave on this expedition.

BBH

You mean "Top Secret Cave" don't you BBH :)

BigBendHiker

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 08:42:52 AM »
Hi Bobcat!

Yes, I should have said the Top Secret Cave.  My travel itinerary will only reference that I am traveling to the Top Secret Cave but will not provide any details with respect to location, GPS coordinates, etc.  That is done, of course, to protect the confidentiality of this most Top Secret Cave.  Furthermore, it will be printed on paper which will self-destruct after it has been stamped "APPROVED" by the authorities.

I presume this protocol will be acceptable to the authorities and those in charge.

BBH

Offline MarkB

• Black Bear
    • Big Bend Photos
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 07:34:39 AM »
Yeah! I will! Thanks, Shane!!! I can only hope the gatekeepers are aware of the new ownership of the Bender!!!

---I am not sure they have accepted his new ownership position yet, but will grumble something and let you pass.... And can you believe that Shane only "doubled" the new entrance fees...I figured he would have tripled them at least!  :)

chisos_muse

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 07:54:01 AM »
Quote from: "MarkB"

---I am not sure they have accepted his new ownership position yet, but will grumble something and let you pass.... And can you believe that Shane only "doubled" the new entrance fees...I figured he would have tripled them at least!  :)

Actually there's no entrance fee if you bring a bottle of single malt for the new owner...... :roll:
Also, if you're pretty you get in for free too....
Actually if you're a woman and you're breathing I think it's only a $1  \:D/

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!