Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

Beer castle?

• 2 Replies

Offline Demon Deacon

• Coyote
Beer castle?
« on: August 18, 2017, 11:38:51 AM »
Sort of unclear on what exactly I'm looking at here. Brewery? Museum? Outfitter? Apparently yes?
http://www.mystatesman.com/travel/terlingua-adventure-beer-company-blends-big-bend-brew-and-dreams/r2VPNNuCanR5cPRk7tBU6L/

Offline elhombre

• Golden Eagle
  • Black Bear
Re: Beer castle?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 12:08:30 PM »
What I learned:

Live somewhere for 1 year and you are a local.  Sounds like an "Austinite"

"Anything you take to the desert that you call beer is rare"    :eusa_think:   I must agree with him. For me,  it almost always happens around camp in the late evening.  But fortunately, after going to the store the next morning, not so rare.

" They see it as evolving into a commercial venture, a sort of travel agency (“but less lame,” Drewry says) where adventure seekers and beer lovers could come to stage paddle trips or hiking excursions, and create art or music, all against that prickly West Texas backdrop."  Unfortunately the NPS has already corned the market on his dream.  But I must agree, they are lame.

The best quote  "I really want to pimp Big Bend out in the best way."   A Big Bend Chicken Ranch!  I sure hope this guy succeeds!

This article is exactly why the American Statesman is doing so well.  Good stuff for a Friday afternoon.  Thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 12:51:29 PM by elhombre »
The older I get, the more I realize what freedom really means.  May God bless America

Offline Demon Deacon

• Coyote
Re: Beer castle?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 12:58:29 PM »
This one was pretty interesting too. Is this guy a supporter? Hard to tell.
“Tony has had a lot of ideas that don’t make sense to anybody but him,” Pond says. “He kind of does what he wants to do, and it seems to benefit a lot of other people.”

It will certainly be a castle to something.

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2018 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!