Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Terlingua Ranch Visit

• 4 Replies

Offline 1badtk

• 83% Crazy
  • Jack Rabbit
  • COFFEE!
Terlingua Ranch Visit
« on: September 17, 2009, 12:06:46 PM »
We just spent 9 days at the Getaway Home about 10 miles into the ranch area for the 1st time. We enjoyed every minute of it including the rain as it passed thru every day and on Friday 9-11 at the Getaway Home. Lots of wildlife, friendly people, and good food at the Grub Shack. We hiked Big Bend, drove Old Ore and Maverick Rd, visited Terlingua and Study Butte including the old store and ghost town. Drove from Lajitas to Redford for the views, and biked some of the roads within the ranch. Saw a few of you while there, including the half wolf riding atop the old truck with his owner. Quite a site I must say.
Looking forward to visiting again if the Getaway Home is available this spring. Love Your Country and am a big fan of the area, God Bless you all.
WARNING!
I am not responcible for the above post accuracy or validity.
With the outside forces of God, Satan, and the small voices in my head, I am not in total control. Therefore read at your own risk and DO NOT CALL 911.

Offline walkingman06

• Coyote
    • Walkingman
Re: Terlingua Ranch Visit
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 05:43:09 PM »
Thanks for the information 1badtk.  I have stayed at another location owned by Tom Jacobs...he's a great guy.  I'll be staying in the Getaway after my December 11-12 South Rim visit.  I'm getting Big Bend fever!
Moving in silent desperation
Keeping an eye on the holy land
A hypothetical destination
Say, who is this walking man?
James Taylor
Posted from Tulsa, OK

Offline 1badtk

• 83% Crazy
  • Jack Rabbit
  • COFFEE!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 05:11:36 PM »
We are already making plans to return in March or April for a Spring time stay.
WARNING!
With the outside forces of God, Satan, and the small voices in my head, I am not in total control. Therefore read at your own risk and DO NOT CALL 911.

Offline RichardM

• Admin/Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 10:22:17 AM »
Is this the Getaway Home?
http://www.terlinguaretreat.com/

Offline 1badtk

• 83% Crazy
  • Jack Rabbit
  • COFFEE!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 09:59:19 AM »
Yes that's it and we are scheduled to return the second week in April. The drive way is a thrill ride in itself, and one tuff ride on a mountain bike :-)
WARNING!

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!