Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

Any New Water Reports for the past few days 11/6 - 11/12?

• 3 Replies

Offline PacingTheCage

• Coyote
Any New Water Reports for the past few days 11/6 - 11/12?
« on: November 12, 2017, 01:30:51 PM »
Heading to BiBe 11/14 to hike the OML.  Sounds like water was plentiful at Boot, Fresno and Upper Juniper the previous weekend.  We're going to hike counter clockwise beginning at the Juniper Canyon/Dodson Trailhead. Water at Boot Springs would make for a lighter pack!

We had our final shakedown this morning.  We're ready!

Offline joelbalderas

• Kangaroo Rat
Re: Any New Water Reports for the past few days 11/6 - 11/12?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 04:11:39 PM »
I'll be up there the 18th through the 22nd, so I'm interested too. And if you wouldn't mind updating here after your trip. Thanks

Offline sydneybvk

• Kangaroo Rat
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 12:11:42 PM »
I'll be up there the 18th through the 22nd, so I'm interested too. And if you wouldn't mind updating here after your trip. Thanks

Iíll be there the same time joelbalderas!! Iíll see you there!! :D

Offline PacingTheCage

• Coyote
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 10:35:38 AM »
I just posted a Trip Report for 11/14 - 11/17.  As you will read I can't offer any 1st hand knowledge concerning the status of water.  The rangers did tell us on 11/14 that Fresno, Upper Juniper and Boot all had water.  He said that Boot had a trickle coming out of the pipe.  Good luck and enjoy your hike!

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2017 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!