Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Rough Spring Drainage 12-13-2018

• 3 Replies

Online Flash

• Mountain Lion
Rough Spring Drainage 12-13-2018
« on: December 13, 2018, 04:36:43 PM »
Lots of flowing water in the drainage today! These were taken in the side drainage although the main had water as well.

- Flash

==> Sent from Flash's phone

Offline Txlj

• Black Bear
Re: Rough Spring Drainage 12-13-2018
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 04:58:18 PM »
Wow! I lived out there in the early 2000s and never seen water like that unless it had just stopped rainning. Guess the vegetation is gonna be thick in April when Im there. Thanks for the pics!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Big Bend Chat mobile app

Offline badknees

• Actually, I was there once
  • Mountain Lion
  • I think I know that place
    • Through the Mirror
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 05:00:11 PM »
I'm a fan of Rough Spring...been there several times and have found water.....Not that much though!
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R. Tolkien

Through the Mirror
http://mirrormagic.com

Online Flash

• Mountain Lion
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 06:53:48 PM »
I'm a fan of Rough Spring...been there several times and have found water.....Not that much though!
I was exploring that bowl south of Rough Mountain. There are drainage channels coming out of the bowl, merging together and leading into the side drainage pictured. These channels are 1-1/2 to 2 feet wide and maybe a foot deep. Reminded me of ones I'd new seen high up in New Mexico mountains. Flowing calmly and steadily, even saw a few water skeeters. Strange for such a blustery day.

==> Sent from Flash's phone

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!