Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Paging OkieHiker, Alpine Joe & Other Budding Writers...

• 0 Replies

SHANEA

Paging OkieHiker, Alpine Joe & Other Budding Writers...
« on: February 02, 2007, 06:29:22 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/2kmtu9

I'll only take a 25% cut of this for my agent fees.  I'll setup a PayPal account so that you can send me the fees.    :P

Okiehiker & Alpine Joe and others, this seems perfect for ya'll....

Border Hotline News Seeking Submissions

Border Hotline News based in Alpine, Texas, located near the U.S./Mexico border, is seeking articles for publication. This is a great opportunity for every writer to add to their collection of professional clips and money to their checkbook. Drop a note to Joan R. Neubauer at jnwriter@aol.com to request the submission guidelines.

Border Hotline News publishes a daily online edition (www.borderhotline.c om) and a weekly Sunday print edition. Its mission is to report news, history and lifeways on the bend of the Rio Grande, regarding communities along the border in both the U.S. and Mexico. Therefore, they need news items and features on a variety of subjects, both in English and Spanish.

A 16-page weekly newspaper needs lots of copy, why not yours? Each full-length article accepted for publication pays $40. Shorter articles may pay less.

Submit your query letters and/or articles to Joan R. Neubauer at jnwriter@aol.com. Joan will pass appropriate articles on to the Editor-in-Chief, Linda Bailey Potter, at Border Hotline News.

Submission Guidelines:

Word Count: 1,000 1200 words

Format: Microsoft Word, double-spaced, 1" margins, Times New Roman 12 font

Submit: Query letter or complete article should be sent via e-mail to Joan R. Neubauer at jnwriter@aol.com. You can either submit as an e-mail or as an attachment to an e-mail. (No hardcopy submissions will be accepted.)

Subjects:

Texas Politics: legislative news, election news, personality profiles, and environmental issues

Texas History: events and people

National and international issues

Border Issues: U.S./Mexico and U.S./Canada.

Health: Social Security, insurance, medical issues, and cloned animals.

Social Change

How-To (do almost anything)

Finances: financial planning, investments and IRS.

The Arts: book reviews, book events, visual arts and music.

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!