Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

2010 Summer Discounts

• 3 Replies

Offline vbb

• Roadrunner
    • VisitBigBend.com
2010 Summer Discounts
« on: May 22, 2010, 01:06:56 PM »
Vendors are offering some good discounts this Summer for vacationers.  If you are thinking about a summer vacation, you might check these discounts before coming down to Big Bend:

http://www.visitbigbend.com/site09/en/news/big-bend-blog/467-discounts.html
VisitBigBend.com - The best Big Bend resource on the web, with blogs, news, weather, and tools for planning your trip to the Big Bend.

Offline DC6080

• Roadrunner
Re: 2010 Summer Discounts
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 07:46:02 PM »
The Mission Lodge room discount of $59.99 (30% off) is a GREAT deal! These are nice, upgraded rooms with a comparable price
to Chisos Mining Company's economy rooms!

Offline Traces of Texas

• Jack Rabbit
    • See My Traces of Texas
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 08:35:43 PM »
Summer is actually my favorite time of the year to visit ... particularly mid August to early September.  Excellent cloudscapes for photography and the park is empty.  I sleep in my truck in the basin and it's entirely comfortable.
"I must say as to what I have seen of Texas, it is the garden spot of the world. The best land & best prospects for health I ever saw is here, and I do believe it is a fortune to any man to come here."

-- Crockett's last letter, to his children

Offline vbb

• Roadrunner
    • VisitBigBend.com
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 08:09:22 PM »
Yes, summer is a wonderful time to visit.  Things are so quiet, and the desert actually comes to life with the thunderstorms, making wonderful sunsets and green patches all around!
VisitBigBend.com - The best Big Bend resource on the web, with blogs, news, weather, and tools for planning your trip to the Big Bend.

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2019 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!