+- +-

Advertisement

Friends of Big Bend

Friends of Big Bend National Park

Copyright Notice

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

Author Topic: Texas Master Naturalists - Now Accepting Applications  (Read 2649 times)  

Offline Collared Lizard

• Golden Eagle
  • Jack Rabbit
Texas Master Naturalists - Now Accepting Applications
« on: June 12, 2008, 10:00:04 AM »
The Tierra Grande Chapter of the Texas Master Naturalists is accepting applications for its fall 2008 training session.

We are a non-profit volunteer organization serving Brewster, Jeff Davis and Presidio counties. Our mission is to develop a corps of well-educated “master volunteers” to provide education, outreach and service dedicated toward the beneficial management of natural resources within their communities. The 2008 training sessions will be held at Balmorhea State Park, the Davis Mountains Preserve, Elephant Mountain Wildlife Management Area and Big Bend National Park. All four training weekends are required; no exceptions. The cost is $130.00. Application deadline is July 15th.

Serving Brewster, Jeff Davis and Presidio counties.

For further information contact:

David Disselhorst
Texas Master Naturalist
432 294 2607
ddisselhorst@sulross.edu
http://masternaturalist.tamu.edu/
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 01:34:34 PM by selfring »

Offline xseption

• Do it in Big Bend!
  • Mountain Lion
  • BiBe is the BEST!
    • My Gallery
Re: Texas Master Naturalists - Now Accepting Applications
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 10:55:49 AM »
I am interested. Is there a website we can look over that shares the dates of training weekends? I looked over the calendar under the Tierra Grande chapter and did not see it listed.

Thanks!

~ edd
Life is NOT fair, but it is still GOOD!

Offline sleepy

• Black Bear
  • i'm not a terrorist
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 12:19:16 PM »
Just completed the Capitol Area Master Naturalist training and enjoyed every minute.  Already have 40 hours volunteer work completed and 24 hours advanced training.  I would recommend it highly.

I believe you are required to complete 40 hours volunteer training per year in the area/location you've been trained.  Meaning, your volunteer hours would be in West Texas.

It's never too late to be what you might have been-Geroge Elliot

Offline Collared Lizard

• Golden Eagle
  • Jack Rabbit
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 06:17:58 AM »
Here is a link to details and dates for fall training for new Tierra Grande Chapter Master Naturalist members:

http://grovesite.com/page.asp?o=tmn&s=tgmn&p=237749

As we are slow getting started this year the application deadline has been extended to July 15. Class size is limited to 15 new members. Training will be held over four weekends at Balmorhea State Park; The Davis Mountains Preserve; Elephant Mountain Wildlife Management Area and Big Bend National Park.

Steve Elfring
selfring@bigbend.net
432 364 2673
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 06:04:48 PM by selfring »

Offline RichardM

• Admin
  • Global Moderator
  • Mountain Lion
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 06:52:29 PM »
2012 Version:
Serving the Big Bend Region of Texas the Tierra Grande Chapter, Texas Master Naturalists is now accepting applications for its new member class of 2012.  Starting in July, ending in October required classroom and field training will take place over the course of one evening in Alpine and four full weekends at Davis Mountains Preserve, Chihuahuan Desert Research Institute, Elephant Mountain Wildlife Management area, Balmorhea State Park & Big Bend Ranch State Park.  For membership details and applications contact:  Steve Elfring 432 364 2673  selfring@bigbend.net

Offline Homer67

• Black Bear
  • Be Amazing.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 12:55:09 PM »
Sweet!  This could be fun!
Ah Big Bend, we will soon return to reacquaint ourselves in our ritual of blood, exhaustion and dehydration. How can we resist the temptation to strip ourselves of the maladies of civilization?

Friends of Big Bend

Advertisement